Chapter 2: I Choose You

It has been five years since Ash Ketchum had wandered off into the woods and got attacked by an angry Primape, but was saved by a wild Arbok. Ever since that day, Ash has been determined to be the world's greatest Poison-type Pokemon Master, and tomorrow morning he will be getting his starter pokemon.

Now that Ash has finally turned ten years old he can officially be licensed as a Pokémon trainer, you see ten-year-olds here in the Kanto Region can get their Pokémon licenses from Professor Oak the region's Pokémon Professor as well as receive their first Pokemon.

Ash was currently watching an epic battle between Gengarr and Nidoking, however, the door to the bedroom is suddenly opened by a beautiful slender woman around 29 years old with fair skin and brown eyes. She has smooth red hair pulled back in a ponytail with a green scrunchie. She was wearing a pink short-sleeved jacket with a yellow undershirt, a purple skirt, and light green shoes.

"Ash, you should be getting ready for bed at almost eleven, and you don't want to be late for Professor Oak just because you went to bed late," Deila said, looking at the clock on the wall of the bedroom."Also, try not to break your alarm clock again," She said pointing at the clock on the nightstand.

Ash looked down and rubbed the back of their sheepishly as this weekend he was dreaming of his Pokemon battle and ended up throwing the Pokeball alarm clock in his sleep and broke it and had to get fixed at the repair shop, and just get it back in two days.

"I will be careful this time or else I will be waking up to the Doduo call, and miss out on the starters and I especially want Bulbasaur as my first poison-type Pokemon," Ash said.

"Now get your teeth brushed and your pajamas on," Delia commanded.

"Alright I'm going," Ash said, rushing towards the bathroom to get changed into his pajamas and brush his teeth.

Deila then left the room after turning the TV off and putting the alarm clock back on the nightstand.

Later that night Ash was lying in his bed sleeping as he was mumbling in his sleep.

"Oh Bulbasuar is the best for beginners, " He said rolling in his sleep as his arm hit the nightstand and knocked the Pokeball alarm clock into his hand.

"Go Bulbasuar I choose you!" Ash shouted in his sleep as he threw the clock as if he throwing an actual Pokeball causing it to slam into the wall and break.

****

The next morning the local Dodrio woke up from his perch and raised all three of his heads and let out a loud cry as a wake-up call.

Ash woke up with a start as he heard the Dodrio cry and climbed out of bed and looked at his broken clock and rushed out of bed.

"Oh no, what time is it?!" He shouted rushing out of his room in his pajamas.

"Where do you think you're going?" Delia asked stopping Ash in his tracks.

"Professor Oak's laboratory, I don't want to miss on getting my starter in Bulbasaur," Ash replied.

"I took the initiative and contacted Samuel and he prepared a different starter for you," Deila said with a smile."So first breakfast and then change into your clothes."

Ash nodded as he headed back to his bedroom to change into the new clothes his mother prepared for him,  before having some breakfast before he heading off to Professor Oak's lab.