Chapter 4: Trouble At Viridain City Pokemon Center

After leaving his Nidoran and Bellsprout with Nurse Joy. Ash decides to head over to the video phones and give his mom Delia a call.

The phone rang for a couple of minutes until his mother's voice was heard from the other end

"Hello, this is the Ketchum Residences," She said.

"Hello,  mom?" Ash said.

"Oh," Delia said."Oh,  hi honey is everything okay?" She asked as the phone changed from voice only and now Delia's face was on the screen.

"Where are you, Ash?" Delia asked

"The Pokemon Center in Viridian City, " Ash replied.

"Wow, you're already in Viridain City?" Delia asked with excitement."It took your father four days to get there when he started his Pokemon training," Delia stated."Oh,  he'll be so proud.  You're the apple of his eye."

"More like spoiled apple barely managed to capture a Bellsprout, " Ash muttered recalling his mistake of not weakening the Pokemon first.

"Oh, Ash, don't get discouraged.  You're journey just began you are doing fine, " Deila said"Hone you growing up before my eyes and spreading your wings like a soaring Spearow, and will continue to grow once you meet up with that mentor Professor Oak got you."

"I guess so."

"Ash no doubting yourself I won't allow it and neither would your father, understand?" Deila asked.

"Yes, I understand," Ash replied."Speaking of father have you heard from him recently?" He asked. 

"Ah you know that father of yours always training out somewhere, but yes he did call wondering if you got your first Pokemon and apologizes for not being here," Deila replied.

"I'm glad he didn't forget."

"Now Ash have you been changing your underwear every day?" Deila asked.

"Mom, it's not a new day yet,  but I will change them," Ash replied.

"Good now good night son.  I love you," Deila said waving bye.