four.

REEL AND REAL

──────

After two days of their stay at Jennie's house, it snows.

Taehyung hears steps getting progressively louder from his place on the couch, he swallows a grumble and tugs the duvet to block outer noise until a pillow lands harshly on his head.

"Get up," Jennie hisses like a true cat, he opens his eyes to see her hastily standing from the bed, her face puffy with sleep and eyes wide. "You can't be seen on the couch."

Taehyung slips out of the warm duvet, though not without a grunt, and groggily follows Jennie as she opens the door. Unsurprisingly, the twins are there, trying to take sneaky glances in their room as if they will find a big bold banner saying, 'We are fake dating!'.

Ok, they might not find a banner but they can notice his stray quilt on the couch, which is a big giveaway in itself. So Taehyung acts before thinking, and gently grabs Jennie's waist, resting his face in the hollow of her shoulder as if still delirious with sleep.

He feels her stiffen under his touch for a moment and eventually relaxes. Taehyung doesn't raise his head after that, hiding his own burning face. Somewhere he hears Hyunjin gagging.

"You two stop being gross and come outside!" Yeji urges, her voice is loud with excitement. "It's snowing!"

It's as if someone has flipped a switch inside her as Jennie immediately straightens, and pushes him back so that he nearly stumbles into the bed and runs to the window. The squeal she lets out once she unfolds the blinds is something he had never thought he would hear from Jennie Kim.

"Finally! We need to go downstairs!" Jennie comes back and gives a sickly sweet smile to the twins before closing the door on their faces. And then she begins to rummage through her closet in a hurry.

"Do you love snow that much?" Taehyung asks from where he is perched on the bed, scrolling through his social media randomly.

"Yeah, I told you I love winters," the brunette nods. Her smile is so wide that Taehyung can't help but grin back.

Once they are bundled up in huge jackets, Jennie basically drags him out. When the door to the front yard opens, all he sees is a pure sheet of white as far as his eyes can go. The treetops and bushes are hindered by heavy silver frost. A few snowflakes descend from the ashen sky and melt when they fall on his gloved hands.

Jennie hauls him further so they are standing in the middle of the yard, Hyunjin and Yeji are at a slight distance, arguing and making a snowman together. Jennie also ducks down and grabs a handful of snow. Taehyung follows her movements, not completely familiar with the procedure of making snowballs but it's worth trying at least.

"Have you never made snowballs in your life?" Jennie tuts, unimpressed when she sees him failing for the fifth time.

"Not really, I go to Daegu for winter break, it doesn't snow there much often." Taehyung shrugs, slightly embarrassed but it's okay it's nothing new. However, he does believe that Jennie is far less harsh than Jimin who would have mocked him to death by now.

"You won't learn it now, snowballs can't be made in peaceful surroundings," Jennie says and there is a reoccurring impish look in her eyes which screams menace. "You need an extreme situation for that."

"Wha—"

He is cut off when a soft yet icy snowball directly hits his face, and then a loud unhinged laughter follows. When he brushes off the flakes, he sees Jennie laughing like a maniac with her wide gummy smile. But no, he shall not be distracted by cuteness because now it's time to prove himself.