15. The Beginning of the End

Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy. Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy. Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy. Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy. Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy. Wake up. Talk to Wally. Hi to Eddie. Play with Julie. Walk Barnaby. Meet with Sally. Bake with Poppy. Home drives you crazy.

Over and over and OVER AGAIN.

EVERY SINGLE DAY. EACH REACTION IS IDENTICAL, EACH GAME IS THE SAME REITERATION, EVERYTHING MIMICKED EVERYTHING.

Paradise doesn't last forever, and it doesn't take long for one to find out.

~•~

You threw yourself against the wall, sinking to the floor with an ache in your heart. Anxiety and anger flowed through your chest and came out in streams as a river of tears. Except, it never ended. Your tears dried and yet, the weight in your head never ceased. The inner turmoil that wound through your head had finally been untangled. The fires in your mind had finally ignited, and no salt stained waters could ease them.

One word lingered on as a twisted form of hope in your mind. Out. You wanted out; you were going to get out.

Your arms lowered from the position they were, propping you up. As your hands curled into fists, you felt the pain wither away, replaced with an uncontrollable rage.

Anything was better than this. All the love in the neighborhood, in ten thousand neighborhoods, couldn't replace the hardships you'd grown so accustomed to. How long were you here? You hadn't the faintest idea. And now you would. You'd finally know what was going on. It was in your world where you controlled your actions. Your world, where you pulled the strings. You laughed a maniacal cackle, eyes darting around the room in sheer frantic excitement. You were absolutely enraptured with the idea of freedom.

You stepped towards the television screen adjacent to yourself with only one objective in mind: Whatever it takes, get out.

Pressing buttons, pulling plugs, flicking switches nothing worked. "Uh, stupid—mph," you snarled, throwing a punch at the useless box. The screen cracked and turned from nothing to static, clattering onto the floor in the process. While it was odd that it managed that whilst being ripped from its wires, you didn't bat an eye about it. Everything in this place was off. What were you to do about it?

Giving the darn thing one last kick, you exited the living room of the godforsaken house you'd called Home. Finding yourself outside, you weaved through bushes and trees in an effort to not be seen by passerby. Eventually, you got to your target, the technicolor forest framing the grounds of the neighborhood. You trudged through the artificially painted woods, violently shoving branches that stood in your way.

It seemed you pushed on for hours. The sky, dotted with clouds and a single ever-present star, had fallen into darkness. The overwhelming lack of sunlight didn't manage to dwindle your intense energy though. If anything, it fueled your rage.

You went on and on. The sun and moon disappearing interchangeably for tens of times. You'd often see lakes and streams, strangely reminiscent trees, landmarks reappearing out of the blue. You'd only moved in one direction for days. How did you keep stumbling upon the same sights? It was almost as if the forest itself was morphing; rearranging. Trying to keep you from something.

Your limbs were sore and aching for a moment of rest. You held onto tree trunks, attempting to keep moving forward. This was for naught though, as your knees gave out and you slid down to the soil.

You stared down at yourself pitifully. Arms scraped and bruised, legs battered from the constant pounding against the ground. You'd probably been clawing through this never ending battle for the worse part of a week... a month? The rage that clouded your vision also set a halt to your better judgment. You hadn't been counting how many days you'd just been walking. Without human interaction, without sleep, without nourishment of any sort. Did the laws of nature apply to you anymore? It was almost as if you weren't even capable of being human.

No, you weren't human. Not anymore, at least.

And that's why you kept moving. If there was an end to this forest, you would find it. Whether you had to traverse it for months, or burn the whole place to a whimsical death in a colorful mutiny.

The thought made you smile.

~•~

832 words

"I'm sorry for not updating in so long! I was honestly tired and really wanted to make a chapter where you just snap. Vote and comment your thoughts and I'll see you next chapter!"

- Coffee