Chapter Three

It was 12:00 at night and I still couldn't sleep, I got out of bed and walked out the bedroom door in a pare of sweatpants and a black tank top. I reached the double doors and pushed them open still no one choosing to guard the doors or the cell. I saw Loki standing in the cell his back towards me. "I know you're here" Loki said turning to face me. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.
"How your back was turned to me?" I asked sitting on the floor in front of the cell.
"I felt a presence" said Loki kneeling down to see my tired face, "you should be in bed."
"I couldn't sleep" I said yawning.
"You know you're name isn't really Cadence right?" He asked slowly.
"What?" I asked still tired and leaned against the glass.
"It's Hel-" Loki got out before he was interrupted.
"CADENCE!" I heard Tony or Bruce yell. I just remembered sense Steve came to check on me at night just to make sure I was okay. So I knew that yell was Steve's.
"Maybe I can talk another time" I said my eyes closing slowly, I was so tired. Steve ran into the room seeing me sitting down near the cell. Loki rose to his height as Steve picked me up and I knew I was asleep at the moment because everything went black.

I woke up the next morning in my bedroom. I stretch out and decided to get dressed for the day. I changed into grey jeans, a black tank top, and a dark green cardigan that flowed at my sides. I left my short thick black hair rest at my shoulders. I exited the room and walked down to the seating area.
So I guess Loki was gonna tell me my real name. For all I knew they were lies. I've lived with Steve Rogers for almost 14 years and my name has been Cadence and that's what I'm going by.
I entered the seating area seeing Steve, "hey dad" I said smiling and he gave me a small smile. I always looked at Steve as my dad and nothing would change that, he was nicer than the other Avengers. I knew he wasn't my real dad but I called him that anyway.
"Hey Cadence, what were you doing near Loki's cell?" asked Steve giving me a 'better tell me now or you're grounded' look.
"I couldn't sleep and I had unanswered questions to ask him" I said getting a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge.
"What were these questions?" Steve asked handing me a cup.
"Not really anything, I asked him why he knew I was there when I entered the room that was about it" I said pouring the juice into the glass cup.