Chapter Five

My head hurt. I opened my eyes to see Tony Stark and Loki talking. Why wasn't Tony in his suit? Why was I in Stark Tower? "Cadence" Tony said softly as Loki turned his attention to me. Then turned his attention to Tony.
"How will your friends have time for me when their to busy fighting you" Loki said putting his scepter on Tony's heart. But nothing happened. Loki tried again, "it should work."
"Well performance issues. You know?" Tony said as Loki grabbed him by the throat and flung him across the room and onto the floor.
"TONY!" I screamed getting up to my feet.
"Jarvis... Anytime now" Tony said as Loki grabbed him again by the throat.
"You will fall before me" he said throwing Tony through the glass window.
"NO!" I screamed running over to the window as the elevator opened and a red pod flew out the window after Tony. Then Tony flew back up in a full Iron Man suit.
"And there's one other person you pissed off! His name was Phil" said Tony as Loki raised his scepter to shoot him then Tony blasted him sending Loki flying back.
"Nice shot" I said taking a glass shard and cut the tape. Then above Stark Tower a portal opened.
"Right. Army" I heard Tony said as he flew up toward the portal. I ran past Loki as fast as I could as he began to rise to his feet. I ran inside the open elevator and just as the doors closed Loki began to run toward the elevator. I waved as the shut. Once I was at the bottom I rushed out as fast as I could. Then I realized I should have stayed up there because down here was complete chaos. Then I saw Steve.
"STEVE!" I screamed running toward him.
"CADENCE!" Steve yelled back as I wrapped my arms around him tightly, tears began to escape my eyes.
"I was so worried" I choked out in between sobs.
"It's alright, just get back inside" Steve said as Natasha and Clint noticed me hugging Steve.
"When did you get here?" Nat asked with a smile.
"Not to long ago" I said as I looked up to see the Chitauri flying out of the portal.
"Get some where safe" Steve ordered.
"No, I wanna help" I said then Steve gave me a concerned look.
"You don't mean you're gonna use your powers do you" Steve said.
"What choice do I have" I said.
"Alright, Stark are you seeing this?" Steve asked Stark through the ear piece as Chitauri crashed into buildings and landed on cars and a giant Leviathan cruised through the sky.
Tony said something but I couldn't hear.
"Banner?" Steve asked as we watched these creatures. I watch as someone falls from Stark Towers and lands on one of the Chitauri flying chariots. The chariot zoomed by enough for me to see who it was.
"Loki" I said quietly watching as cars exploded and a group of Chitauri followed behind Loki. Me and Steve run over hiding behind a taxi that was flipped onto its side.
"Those people need assistance down there" Steve said holding up his Captain America shield.
"We got this! It's good. Go!" Nat said shooting Chitauri with a pistol.
"You think you can hold them off?" Steve asked Clint.
"Captain" said Clint getting an arrow ready, "it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint aimed his arrow at a Chitauri.
"Let's go" Steve said as me and him jumped off the bridge landing on a bus and we started running toward the Plaza. Many cars exploded around us. With a flick of the wrist I sent a Chitauri flying into a building.
Steve jumped onto a car in front of a two police officers and the stared up at him.
"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve ordered.
"Why the hell should I take orders from you?"asked the cop as an explosion happened from behind and I ducked down behind a car as two Chitauri jumped down near Steve as the cops watch in shock as Steve fights the aliens.
The cop turned toward its officer and said "I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and off the streets and I need a perimeter as far as 39th." I smiled up at Steve as he turned to face me.