4

That night, sleep did not arrive. Your eyes were locked on the darkened ceiling, your hands resting upon your stomach as you laid in bed. You were thinking over how your day went. By now, you were fairly certain it wasn't a dream, yet it still felt so unrealistic. Especially when you entered the Pizzaplex and met Bonnie.

Throughout the rest of that birthday party, you found out Bonnie was definitely not shy to touch. You learned that through the way he didn't mind messing with you. There was a few times when you would be turned away and feel a poke at your backside. Then, when you snapped back around, Bonnie would be standing there. He would make an innocent comment about something unrelated even though you knew he did it.

Then, there was when Vanessa eventually came by to see how you were. She ran off, however, after you tossed the Glamrock Bonnie pin at her.

A small smile came to your lips before drooping back down. Your thoughts didn't remain positive for long. You've come to realize you didn't like being alone. Despite how ironic it was due to how often you were alone before. This (Y/N) wasn't lonely, and now you had a taste of what that life could feel like. The memories, that weren't quite your own, that would sometimes surface only further fueled it.

You bit your lip before finally moving a hand toward the nightstand beside the bed. It was only an assumption you would have a phone, and you were proven correct when your hand made contact with it. You didn't usually own phones besides for the occasional flip phone, considering you barely spoke to anyone. You swiped it open, flinching from the light before using face ID to unlock it. There wasn't a single possibility you were going to attempt to guess the password.

The background was of you and Vanessa hugging. I took over someone else's life. I don't belong here. But.. Aren't I allowed to be selfish sometimes? You sighed, hesitantly tapping on a few different apps before finally opening the contacts list. It took you a moment to figure out how the phone worked, since you didn't usually care for smartphones. It wasn't too hard to figure out, luckily. You eyed the screen before clicking on a certain name and calling the number.

You held the device up to your ear, silently listening to the ringing, fully expecting her to not answer. It really was a surprise to suddenly hear her groggy voice. "(Y/N)? What are you doing up at this hour? It's 3 AM! You need sleep and you know I enjoy my sleep whenever I have the day shift." You suddenly felt quite guilty for possibly waking her. "... I can't sleep.." Your voice shook, and you could tell she was moving based off the sounds of a bed creaking. "I'll be over shortly."

You nearly burst into tears.

When Vanessa finally arrived, she pulled you into a big hug. "Let's have a little slumber party, hm? Then, we can talk in the morning." She reassured you while you struggled to not cry once again. You weren't used to this type of friendship. One so close that you could call at any time and they would actually come. You technically have only known her for a day, but for her, it's been years. That thought made your chest tighten.

Now, you both were sitting on your bed. The only light was a lamp on the nightstand. Conversation seemed easy around her, you noticed. You two would talk about whatever came to your head. "Do you remember back in high school when you dyed your hair purple? You used too much and looked like a purple highlighter!" It was a memory that had came to you suddenly, and it felt rather nice to not have to fake your words.

Vanessa rolled her eyes with an exaggerated sigh. "Oh, come on! I was a teen, and purple was my favorite color!.. Although, it appears to be yours too." She wiggled her brows and leaned in, letting out a snort when you placed your hand on her face to push her away. "Bonnie isn't even purple!" It appears you had fallen for her trap because she latched onto your words. "Oooh? But, I didn't even mention Bonnie?" Her grin widened, while your mouth dropped open.

".. It's time for sleep." You simply stated before falling back into the bed and grabbing the blanket to cover yourself. Vanessa laughed, reaching over to grab the edge of the blanket and pull it down to see your face. "Aww, my baby has a crush!" She cooed, mocking a motherly tone as she patted the top of your head. You scowled and snatched up a pillow, successfully hitting her with it before tucking it under you head.

"Hey!" Vanessa's shout caused a grin to appear on your face. She had the audacity to pull the blanket back over your head before settling down in the bed beside you. Since your room was the only room in your house, and you felt guilty about having her sleep on the couch, you two had to share the bed. Which, apparently, wasn't unusual and something you had done multiple times before. "Goodnight, (Y/N)." She finally hummed, clicking the light off.

A minute passed. Then two. Then three.

You were still wide awake. You hated how awful you were starting to feel. You felt Vanessa shift next to you, probably due to the small sniffles you kept letting out. "Are you still struggling to sleep?" You whimpered before muttering out a nearly silent, "Yes.." Vanessa sighed before muttering for you to scoot over. When you did, she shifted around and wrapped her arms around your waist. The movement startled you at first, and the hold made you flush. But you quickly relaxed, your eyes finally closing.

"Okay, well, now this is really gay." Her unexpected comment caused you to snort. "Don't let your lover boy find out about this."

"Really Ness!?"