Stay away before it is too late ...

Ephraim

While it's enjoyable to be by yourself, it might be tough to cling to that idea if you meet someone who might fit.

   The streets were covered with snow. The alleys were deserted and freezing. All creatures hide from the cold in their homes. Only those who share his interests step outdoors. Ephraim moved slowly down the sidewalk in his high-heeled leather shoes and black coat until he finally stepped into the pub. His face was reddish with cold, and he felt warmth touching it. He went directly to the back, where his seat was. While studying, he preferred to observe what was happening from behind. The place is nearly empty right now. He pulled his laptop and some blank paper from his bag. He studies law and works as a structural painter and architect. After setting everything ready, he watched the snow fall again through the window. He likes the chilly weather, this feeling of solitude, and having hot coffee. He starts working.

   He could no longer see the outside of the pub because of the steam and warmer atmosphere, so after a while, he became tired and went outside to look around and check how far the snow had fallen. Feeling the chill air enter his lungs, he inhaled deeply and exhaled all at once, hitting the snow falling on his head.

   Smoothly, she made her way alongside the wall, carrying an umbrella with pure green hearts. She moved the umbrella in front of the bar to get rid of the snow stuck to it. She glanced at him kindly. She was still wearing the same clothes when he came across her in a bookstore. Her glance moved his heart, which had been frozen for years. He entered and bar towards his place. She was sitting on the other side, and all he could see was her brown hair. He wanted to talk to her and ask for her number, but something was stopping him. it had been a while since he had liked a girl, or that's what he imagined.

   He turned to face her when he was finally tired of the situation. Something weird was happening to him now: enthusiasm, happiness, and joy.

   He got what he wanted, yet he won't get what he wants. Oh... If only he realized how much better what he had was.