Chapter 10: Suspicions

HENG'S POV

As Heng settled down in the chair for the meeting, he couldn't help but notice the subtle glances Freen was sending Becky's way. At first, he thought it was just his imagination, but as the meeting went on, he saw it again and again. Freen was always so cold and unexpressive, but there was something different about her today. She seemed...interested.

Heng's mind started racing. Why was Freen acting this way? She had never been one to show much emotion, let alone towards someone like Becky. He tried to brush it off as just his imagination, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

After the meeting, Heng took Freen home, the ride passing in silence. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had seen. He had never seen Freen act this way before. She was always so distant, so detached. But today, she seemed...alive.

As they pulled into the driveway, Heng gathered up the courage to ask his wife about Becky. "Hey, Freen? Can I ask you something?"

Freen looked at him, her expression neutral. "Of course, what is it?"

Heng hesitated, unsure of how to phrase it. "It's just...I noticed you were looking at Becky a lot during the meeting. Is everything okay?"

Freen's expression didn't change, but Heng saw something flicker in her eyes. "Oh, that? I was just making sure she was taking notes properly. That's all."

Heng nodded, unsure if he believed her. "Okay, just making sure."

But as they went inside and went their separate ways, Heng couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more going on. Something he didn't know about. Something that made him feel uneasy.