𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐘

Some say curiosity is normal. Wanting to know where that noise is coming from, if that mole is actually cancer, what is in that book that is sitting just out of your vision. But sometimes, curiosity can be dangerous. The noise could be a bear, clawing at your tent, trying to get in. That mole could be cancerous but the internet says it's fine. And that book could depict how to get away with murder.

Sometimes, curiosity should be avoided. Put the book down, even if you think you'll like it, it will probably collect dust. Ignore the sound coming from your right, it's just the wind and weak walls. Just focus on your task, getting things done. Ignore your dog barking at the window, it's nothing, get your work done.

Ignore that feeling of being watched, your mind is playing tricks on you. The hairs standing on the back of your neck are just chills from your dog going silent. She's okay, you can hear her playing with her bone in her bed next to you. Type away on your computer, paying no attention to the cool September air creeping through your window. You must have forgotten to close it, don't worry about that now, just focus.

As you type away, I watch from behind as you slowly zone out and into your own reality where your only purpose is the keys that click away as the letters form words on the screen. I smile as you fail to notice your dog's brand new bone, used to keep her giant structure tame and occupied while I plan on what to do next. Your book looks good so far, the words making a story like no other, telling a tale of a lost prince trying to find out his name, only to fall in love with a fair maiden that sold flowers in a nearby town.

Curiosity is dangerous, whether you choose to seek or not, you should always be curious. The sharp knife is cold in my hand, feeling light as a feather as I take a step closer. You should always act on curiosity, or else you would feed into mine as I've always wanted to be a surgeon. I'll make it quick, hopefully.