More Powerful Than a Locomotive!

Kara's hearing went into overdrive. Even from her apartment in downtown Metropolis, she could hear the screams and destruction coming from the city's business district. At a speed that no human eye could fathom, she was in her costume and taking flight through the city.

 At a speed that no human eye could fathom, she was in her costume and taking flight through the city

As Supergirl, she has a lot of responsibilities. With great power, and all that. And with Kal off-planet attending to some League matters, that left Kara to be the first one on the scene. Finally, some action, she thinks.

She soars through the sky, becoming nothing more than a red and blue blur to the citizens on the ground until finally arriving on the scene. Seems simple enough, she thinks. Just a guy with orange hair and icy blue eyes causing some destruction.

The man grabs hold of a nearby car, a family of four inside, and hurls it through the air with minimal effort. Supergirl's eyes widen as she takes off towards the vehicle, quickly catching it and safely lowering it to the ground.

The man in the driver's seat, middle-aged with thinning hair and a thick mustache, smiles gratefully at the heroine before checking on his family, a smile that Supergirl returns.

The blonde scowls and turns to the aggressor who looks down on her and smirks. "Ah. I was wondering when you'd show up, Supergirl," he taunts. Supergirl falters for a brief moment. His voice is completely monotone and, upon closer inspection, his eyes look dull and cloudy.

Supergirl rids her head of these thoughts. Now isn't the time to be idle. "Leave these people alone!" She shouts, buying herself time to analyze this threat.

Although the man chuckles, it sounds hollow. Devoid of any emotion. "Seriously? That's all you have for me? If I'd have known you'd bore me this much, I would've waited for the boy scout."

Supergirl grits her teeth and flies towards the boy, fully expecting to hit him once and be done with it. She is completely caught off guard, however, when her punch is easily caught.

Supergirl's eyes widen while the boy smirks. "What? How-"

"I don't think you understand," the boy interrupts. "I am the perfect Fusion between Kryptonian and human. I can match your every move." Fusion pushes Supergirl's hand away, creating an opening for a right hook that knocks the heroine away. "You should surrender now. You're only postponing the inevitable."

Supergirl growls under her breath, quickly realizing brute force won't work this time. She steadies herself and uses her heat vision, the red lasers racing towards her target. Fusion laughs again, dodging the lasers with ease before flying in for another strike. Supergirl's ready for it this time, however, and counters with a punch of her own, knocking Fusion back.

The redhead brings his hand up to lips, seeing the blood staining his flesh. "Hmph. Not bad," he taunts, again making Supergirl growl under her breath. "But I'm still better."

Using the gloating to her advantage, Supergirl rushes in for a quick punch, but Fusion is able to barely dodge out of the way. He throws a left hook, but Supergirl blocks it with her arm, and delivers a nasty headbutt. Fusion is sent back from the force, blood starting to pour out of his nose.

Supergirl quickly tries to end the fight, flying in for one more punch, but Fusion is just barely able to block it before punching her in the stomach. The heroine doubles over, gasping for air, giving Fusion the opportunity to land another blow, a vicious uppercut that sends Supergirl flying.

Fusion flies after her, intending to finish her off. He catches up and grabs her by the head. "This is where you die, Supergirl."

Fusion starts squeezing on her head, starting to slowly crush it. With pain coursing through her head, Supergirl takes a desperate measure, the only counterattack she can think of; she goes below the belt.

Fusion's grip immediately loosens, but before he can fall out of the sky, Supergirl grabs him and holds him up. "This is where you lose," she says, smugly, before delivering one last punch, knocking him out.

Supergirl takes a deep breath, her head still pounding. She reaches up to her ear, turning on an earpiece before talking into it. "Kal? Bruce? It's Kara. I've got something big. Something you both might be interested in."

Word Count: 728
A/N
That's the chapter, folks! Hope you enjoyed!