epilogue . healed

two years later | 2010

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IMAGINE SIX MONTHS. Six months ahead of you and your mother is telling you and your twin brother that you're packing all of your things and moving to America. And it's getting to your head, but everything is okay because your friends are coming along too.

Along to a small town in Connecticut, with new people, new stores, new parks, and a brand new home — far from the hellhole we knew as Germany. Six months left of senior year and I spent it in America.

I expected it to be wild, given the cultural shock that comes with the package of moving, but what I didn't expect was her.

Priscilla Haverford, the girl who demanded nothing short of perfection. She even had to make a mess of her life perfectly, and somewhere along that time, she 'messed up' and let me in. It wasn't easy and it took a lot of pestering, but I guess it worked.

Little by little, I began to learn more and more about her. The more I knew, the more I wanted so badly to protect her from the pain she was causing herself. The pain of the world, and it was because of her that I now know how bad it can be.

And I wanted to be with her, as simple as it seemed, as complicated as it really was. I enjoyed figuring her out. And as gut wrenching as it was to watch her push me away and spiral downward, I don't think I'd ever regret a single moment of believing that she was right for me and that I was right for her.

The way she would have these little gentle moments, the moments I realized that the feelings I had for her were being mirrored back for me.

I loved her. I loved her so much and I still do. And she loved me and she still does, but she was scared of the love she had for me — she knew it would ruin me and she knew I'd let it...just because it was her and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I remember the day she cleared her things out and left. And I remember counting the days till she got back, even though I wasn't around when she was back. I was away trying to mend a relationship that didn't need much mending at all. A relationship that I now realize I don't need because no matter what happened, or who it happened with, if it can't be mended, it isn't worth the headache.

I left Germany with no regrets. No regrets because I tried to fix things with my dad, and he didn't want anything to do with me. And I couldn't wait to tell her everything as soon as I landed back in Connecticut.

I wanted to do exactly that. But as soon as we reunited, she told me all about her time with the psychiatrist and how she feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of her. How she doesn't feel like her life is going to spiral out of control like before. And I bit my tongue.

Because if anything, Priscilla had been through hell. And she's dangerous because she knows what it's like to fall and get back up a billion times — no stranger to rock bottom. Plus, it didn't feel important to bring up anymore.

What was important was her face. Her aura had lit up the room as soon as she opened her mouth to talk to me. She seemed healthier, more secure in herself than I'd ever been used to seeing. I'd love to imagine that's what she looked like before all the traumatic events of her life. Olivia's death, Chris and Genevieve, Jaden returning...all of it.

And as two years passed it only got better. The air was warm, the sun peering through the Haverford's kitchen window through the blinds. I was leaning over the counter, Frogley sleeping by my feet as bubbling sounds of baby laughter and coos emits from the opposite side of me.

Priscilla, feeding Tristan, the newest (is two years considered new?) addition to the Haverford family, and to quote her 'a little pain in her ass' — bouncing around and trying everything in her power to feed her brother. I could feel my heart swelling with admiration as the sunlight basically radiated off of her, making her the brightest one in the room.

It made me laugh to myself. If Priscilla from two years ago were to see herself now, she'd probably lose her shit. Catching me, she paused from her prancing around with a small compact of baby food in one hand and a spoon in the other, facing me with an inquisitive brow raised.

"What?" She asks before a demanding babble escapes Tristan's lips, wanting her full attention. Or maybe he just wanted to finish eating.

I simply reply with a shrug and a smile, "Nothing." When in reality, I was starting to maybe become infatuated with the fact that I'm near her. The fact that I get to witness her newfound happiness and inner peace — how far she's come and how much she's changed.

Her eyes lock on mine for a brief moment and it's almost like the world goes mute. And I love her and she loves me and we actually got somewhere this time around...and she smiles.

She's completely unexplainable. And just when I thought I'd get to know everything about her, there's still things left to uncover. But once you get to know her, you'll realize she's everything. She's crazy, wild, brutally honest, and the best part is you'll never know what she'll do next...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
author's note
this was so ass i'm sorry.
but officially THE END !!!!