Racing for Slips

Nate pulled up to the large crowd surrounded by cars. His neon-blue 240SX fit right in with the dozens of other street racers. A light blue glow came from under the chassis of his car as he pulled back into an empty spot. 

Nate had noticed a lime-green Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX close by and knew that Brian was here. He always knew Brian was a car junkie. But he never figured him to be the illegal street racing type like he was. Nate exited his car and found Hector now talking to Brian. 

Five cars pulled up in a delta formation and Nate knew who had finally arrived. The Toretto team. Nate watched each of the five cars go by and pull to a stop. Brian was doing the same thing. Brian looked so out of place compared to the rest of them. 

Dom exited a red Mazda RX-7 and was immediately surrounded by people, but Nate was more interested in the other Toretto that exited his car; Ana. Ana closed the door to the passenger side and looked around before settling her sights on Nate and smiling. She walked over and put her hands into her black leather jacket. 

"How's your head, Rook?" She asked. "Better now that you're here." He said smirking. "Yo, is your brother here?" Ana questioned looking over Nate's shoulder. "Yeah, that would be Brian. Look at him. He's standin' like a fuckin' cardboard cut-out." Nate said chuckling at his brother.

"You racing tonight, princess?" Nate asked the Toretto. "Nah, not this time. She's being worked on." Ana answered. "Hence why you arrived with Dom." Nate concluded. "Exactly." She pointed out. 

"Okay. Hector." Dom announced. Hector walked over as Nate turned towards the unofficial king of street racing. "Yeah. What's up, man?" Hector voiced shaking hands with the eldest Toretto sibling. "Yo, what's up?" Edwin sounded shaking hands as well. "How we doing this tonight?" Edwin asked. "One race, 2G buy in. Winner takes all." Dom explained. "Hector, you're gonna hold the cash." Dom added. "Why Hector?" A man asked. "'Cause he's too slow to make away with the money, man." Edwin commented smirking. 

"Smokes, you doin' this or not?" Dom asked. Nate, who was still leaning back against his 240SX, took his hands out of his jean pockets. Nate looked at Dom. "Hell, yeah. I still gotta make up for last time, homie." Nate answered smiling. The crowd laughed. "Yeah, how about you put your money where your mouth is, Rookie." Dom said smirking. Nate walked over giving Hector a wad of $2,000 dollars wrapped in a rubber band. 

"The Prince of Racing has entered the ring." Hector announced. "Shaddup, Hector. I ain't no prince, just look like I am." Nate said smiling, earning a laugh from Ana. "Alright, guys, good luck." Dom sounded. 

"Hey, wait, hold up." A familiar voice called out. "Oh shit." Nate muttered under his breath. "I don't have any cash, but I do have the pink slip to my car." Brian stated walking over to the group. 

"Hey, you just can't climb in the ring with Ali's, 'cause you think you box." Jesse pointed out. "He knows I can box." Brian said pointing at Vince. "Damn." Nate sounded. His brother and his infamous comebacks. "So check it out, it's like this. I lose, the winner takes my car, clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect." Brian explained. "Respect." Dom said chuckling. "To some people, that's more important." Brian added.

"That your car?" Dom asked nodding his head towards the Eclipse. Jesse opened the hood to the car and the crowd immaturely exclaimed their various 'oohs' and 'aahs'. "I see a cool air intake. It's got a NOS fogged system and a T4 Turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC control there. It has direct port nitrous injection." Jesse stated. "Yeah, and a stand-alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend $10,000." Dom added. 

"You see that shit?" Edwin questioned. "He's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up, period." Edwin finished. "Yeah." Dom voiced. "So, what you say? Am I worthy?" Brian asked.