chapter 77

as usual, Sanji was up before sunrise. once the sun was up whoever was on watch duty would come down for breakfast followed by the other crew members soon one by one. as he maneuvered through the kitchen taking out ingredients for the breakfast his mind started thinking of what to make for lunch. 

going through cabinets and drawers he picked up everything he needed and finished making the herbal tea Brook liked just a second before the talking skeleton walked into the galley. " good morning Brook, here's your tea." Sanji said placing the warm tea on the dining table in front of the old man. " good morning too you too Sanji san." brook greeted and sipped his tea. " so anything weird through out the night?" sanji asked making small talk as he started working on cutting veggies and fruits. " well, nothing weird or threatening, but Luffy san and jules chan returned quite late at night. luffy san was even carrying a sleeping Jules Chan in his arms, yohohohohoho, young love" Brook said ending with a sigh, probably thinking of his younger days. 

" oh, so that rubber idiot already made the move? I thought it would take time." Sanji said perking up the skeleton's curiosity. " what do you mean Sanji san?" Brook asked shifting in his chair to look at Sanji now completely. 

" oh you see, yesterday after Luffy, Jules Chan, Rose Chan, and Marimo returned to the sunny, Luffy asked me an unexpected question while I was preparing dinner." Sanji said stopping his cutting to talk and resuming again once he was done speaking. " knowing Luffy san he probably asked you for some food yohohohoho," Brook said in an obvious tone. " that's the catch Brook, he didn't ask me for food, he asked me the most bizarre question to come out of Monkey.D.Luffy's mouth." Sanji said adding the cut veggies to a pot and then looking at Brook giving him full attention. 

" he asked me what a date is. can you believe it? he literally asked me what a date is?" Sanji said still shocked by the question. " well that's weird but what did you answer. ?" 

"Well, I told him the best I could......."

"What....what did you say?" Sanji asked wondering if the world he was seeing was real or not. " what is a date?" luffy asked again. " you are talking about the edibles called dates right?" Sanji asked to confirm. " hu there are different types of dates? well, I am curious about the type in which a man and a woman go on a date. I don't understand ? what do people really do on a date?" luffy asked stretching his head to take over Sanji's personal space.

for a few minutes, Sanji stood there as if frozen in time. but then he snapped out of his thoughts and felt ready to talk to the question. " well that's a weird question coming from you but I guess I'll tell you." Sanji said coming to the dining table and sitting on one of the chairs, puffing out smoke. 

" you see luffy, a date is basically a man showing a beautiful, gorgeous, princesslike lady, a melloarine, a goddess how much she means to him, how she makes his heart light up and makes his mind sparkle like fireworks, how much he cherishes her and how.........."  snaji rambled closing his eyes, feeling the romantic in him weaken, bur stopped mid-sentence when he opened his eyes and saw a blank look on his captain's face.

oh how could he forget, he was explaining to Luffy, whose two brain cells took alternate 12-hour shifts to keep the man functioning. he groaned in frustration not understanding how to explain shit to Luffy.

" fine, let's keep it simple so you understand." " yeah you should, what do people do on a date?" luffy asked again. " hmmm, on a date people can do a lot of things, anything to be honest, anything that makes them happy or something that they love to do and would like to enjoy doing their favorite thing with the person they like. but mostly people go out to eat and talk about anything and everything. sometimes, they bring gifts for each other too." Sanji explained withing any fancy words, but still, it didn't seem like Luffy understood completely.

Luffy sat there looking at Sanji for a few seconds blankly and then got up with a big smile. " ok got it, thank you snaji." he said before running out of the galley. 

later after some time, Sanji found out that Luffy and Jules went off to explore. 

"Since I got to know that, I had my doubts, but I didn't expect Jules chan to accept the date. remember how mad she had been when Nami mentioned Luffy had a crush on her?" Sanji finished saying.

" yohohohohoh, now that is something interesting early in the morning.

"Interesting indeed," Sanji said blowing out some smoke near the window.

____________________

"I believe there is some connection with Oceania." Robin said observing the slightly faded tattoo on Jules's neck and collarbone. " why do you think so?" Jules asked sitting there patiently as now Robin flipped through some books. " it happened after we left the island where you went through some pretty weird shit, and this too happened when you got splashed with sea water." Nami said flipping to her own book. well her reason made sense but why her? and what was up with this sudden weird tattoo? all these years in 20 years of her life why has nothing like this happened but now it's happening?

"But Nami I have fallen overboard so many times since I was a baby and I have been swimming in the ocean all my life why did this tattoo never appear?" Jules asked.

"Good point we need to research that," Robin said again diving into a book. Jules sat there sighing, wondering if all this was necessary, like common it's not like it's a disease or something, it's just a mystery tattoo, let it be a mystery.

______________

somewhere in the grand line.

" the security system of the island was triggered." an old man with a deep voice said looking at his 4 companions sitting around him. " after so many centuries," another old man of the 5 said looking at the active transponder snail in front of them on the table.

" first the awakening of 'that' fruit and now the alert from 'that' island. things will start getting out of hand if this continues. " who is it though, any idea?" another man asked "One of the strawhats, for sure. before the system got destroyed the new emperor's crew was in the last photo." another explained. 

" find out who is it." a deserted voice came from the transponder snail. " we have figured it out already. we just need to confirm now." one of the 5 people said. the snail's red eyes narrowed showing the expression on the other end's face. " according to the data we found out, there was a lightning attack that will be cat burglar nami, there was an attack with a sword, so that will be soulking brook or pirate hunter zoro, a photo of some kicking were found, that will be Vinsmoke Sanji, several were crushed into balls or small pieces, that would bedevil child Nico Robin, some were attacked from a distance, that would be the sniper, some were cut in half with laser, that would be The Cyborg, some were damaged by water, that could be Jimbe, that leaves three possibilities actually four." the younger of the 5 said.

"Those four can be, yonko Monkey.D.Luffy, pet Tony Tony chopper which seems very unlikely, Portugas.Edward.Jules, and her child. the last two are most possible, considering they bear the distinguish turquoise of their ancestors, the empower is unlikely since he is a devil Fruit User." the oldest elaborated. 

" him being a devil Fruit user doesn't nullify the possibility of him being one, it's just a theory by doctor vegapunk that still hasn't been proved." another one said.

"I need more information on this, whoever it is shall be eliminated." the distorted voice from the snail said. " as you say, imu sama."