Chapter 2

Aetherium Academy was like a fantasy dream

Aetherium Academy was like a fantasy dream. Towering spires adorned with glowing symbols marked the skyline, and as you entered through the grand gates, carved scenes of magical wonder unfolded. The buildings inside were elegant, with arches and gardens adding to the enchanting ambiance.

Classrooms were adorned with enchanted orbs and tapestries depicting captivating magical stories. The air was alive with the energy of students showcasing their unique powers, creating an atmosphere where the extraordinary was commonplace. Walking through the corridors, the magical aura of the place filled every step with a snake of awe and anticipation.

Hidden tales seemed to lurk in the nooks and crannies of Aetherium academy, adding an air of mystery to the surroundings. The blend of grand architecture and magical wonders made it a haven for those seeking to unravel the secrets and immerse themselves in the mystical arts Aetherium Academy beckoned with the promise of discovery and mastery within its enchanting walls.

As I step into the school for the first time, I'm immediately greeted by different people in different forms, showing off their powers. A student nearby creates illusions, while another demonstrates telekinetic prowess by levitating objects with a mere thought. The air buzzes with energy as everyone displays their unique abilities, making it clear that this school is a place where extraordinary powers are the norm.

''watch: out!'' A forceful shove propels me backward, causing me to stumble and collide with someone behind me. In the blink of an eye, something or someone rushes past me with a remarkable speed. ''I'm so sorry, It was unintentional. Controlling my abilities is still a bit of a challenge.''The apology comes from a blonde girl with captivating green eyes. With a noticeable blue dress that perfectly complements her slender waist. The dress appears to be paired with pantyhose, adding to the overall chic look. ''Names Emely. Are you new?'' She asks, extending a friendly hand, her eyes reflecting with concern.

I regain my balance and manage a small smile, accepting the hand shake. ''Yeah, I just arrived. Names Aeryn.''

Emely's gaze shafts form apologetic to curiosity ''Welcome to the academy, Aeryn. you'll get used to the unexpected here. powers tend to have a mind of its own, especially when your still figuring them out.''

As we converse. I can't help but be cautious. ''So, what's your power?'' I am genuinely intrigued.

She grins, a playful glint in her green eyes. ''Telekinesis. It has its moments, but as you just saw, it can be a bit unpredictable at times.'' We share a laugh and I nod.

''How about I show you around? I still have time to spare before my first class starts and i'm sure the professor won't mind.'' Emely offers with a friendly smile.

Grateful for the offer, I nod. ''Sure, that sounds great. Lead the way Emely.'' As we navigate through the academy's corridors, I absorb the magical aura of the place, wondering about the untold tales and hidden wonders that the academy might conceal.

As we walk down the hallway. I spot a group of students surrounding another. Whispers flutter through the air.

''Watch out for them,'' Emely whispers to me, her voice carrying a note of caution. ''That's Damon Carson, the prince. His power is to use others' abilities. It makes him.. formidable, and the whole school is afraid of him.''

Damon suddenly turns around, his gaze locking onto Emely and me. He begins walking toward me and Emely. ''Well, who's this new kid and why is she staring at me?'' Damon asks with a sarcastic tone. His smirk widening as I meet his blue eyes with a flicker of disgust.

''This is Aeryn,'' she responds, stuttering at her words. ''Shes new here, just getting acquainted with the place.''

Damon's eyes linger on me, and the atmosphere seems to shift. I sense Emelys fear, a silent acknowledgment of the power Damon holds within the school. I hold his gaze, my expression neutral despite the discomfort churning beneath the surface.

''Interesting.. what's your power?'' Damon asks looking, down at me. I keep my cool already knowing what my answer would be. ''Combat intuition.'' I reply boldly, meeting his gaze with confidence. I've gotten pretty good at pretending. Since I'm already skilled in fighting, I decided to go with ''combat intuition'' It lets me blend in my actual fighting abilities with the made-up power, so no one can suspect anything when I'm in a brawl.

Damon chuckled at my answer. Appearing amused at my expression. ''Never heard of it, explain it to me.'' He says, challenging me.

''And why would i do that?'' I told him. A smile playing on my lips. I can sense a small gasp coming from beside me knowing it's from Emily. Damon's annoyance becomes apparent, which is what I expected.

''Watch your tone.'' He growls. I meet his gaze with a calm smile, unwilling to back down. ''Just keeping my secrets.'' I reply, maintaining a composed demeanor. The air around us becomes charged with unspoken tension. Damon, though annoyed, seems intrigued by the challenge, and a faint smile plays on his lips. ''Challenging me princess? Explain your power and i'll leave you alone.''

''Combat intuition is like having a sixth sense in a fight,' I explain, trying to keep it simple. ''I can see what moves my opponents might make and reach fast, It help me in battles.''

Damon, still assessing me, raises an eyebrow. ''Sounds convenient. well see how it holds up,'' he remarks, the challenge clear in his voice. He leaves without another word, his friends following behind him.

Well this is going to be fun.

—————————————————————————
Hi lovelies🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼 I hope you liked the story. Sorry if it's a bit short, I'm still learning to write in more details:)) this is the start of Damon and Aeryn. Follow me for more updates and don't forget to vote!!! 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼 And please, if anyone is good at creating book covers, pls write it in the comments. I really do need a better cover for my story!😘😘

(1010 words)