Chapter 3 - Damon

Leaning against the wall, I watched Blythe and Calyx argue about apples. But what stuck in my head was Aeryn's claim of combat intuition. Weird thing was, I didn't feel any power energy around her. It's like she's hiding something, and that's got me curious.

My power allows me to detect others' powers, as I can use it for myself; the aura around a person tells me what power they have. Yet, with Aeryn, I felt nothing. It's as if she's a blank canvas, devoid of the usual energy signatures that accompany unique abilities.

Stepping away from the apple debate, I wandered through the busy courtyard, still stuck on Aeryn's claim. While others buzzed with power vibes, Aeryns felt like a quiet room.

Approaching her, I tried to keep things casual. But my mind kept buzzing with questions. What was she hiding? A rare power, maybe? Or something else? The mystery hung in the air, adding a strange tension.

Aeryn met my gaze, all easy conversation. But my focus? It stayed on the missing energy. The unanswered puzzle made her even more intriguing. In the daily dance of powers and alliances, Aeryn's true nature became a captivating mystery, tugging at the edges of something unspoken between us.

''So, Aeryn, combat intuition, huh? Sounds intriguing,'' I said, pretending not to care. She flashed a half-smile, her eyes holding a glint of something unreadable. ''Just good at guessing what's coming, you know?''

I nodded, playing along. ''Sure, sure. But here's the thing,'' I leaned in a bit, lowering my voice. ''I can usually feel power energies around people. Yours, though, it's like radio silence. What's your secret?''

Aeryn's gaze met mine, and for a moment, I caught a flicker of something beyond the casual facade. ''Well, Damon,'' she replied, her tone dropping a hint off challenge, ''some secrets are meant to be uncovered.''

I raise an eyebrow at her, looking at her with a sly smirk at my face. ''Ah, playing hard to get, I see. I do love a good challenge. But don't worry, your secret is safe with me.''

She shot me a skeptical look. ''Is it now? I'm not convinced, prince charming.''

I laughed, enjoying the banter. ''You'll see, Aeryn. I'm not as bad as they say. Maybe you and I have more in common than you think.''

Aeryn rolled her eyes, a playful grin breaking through. ''Highly doubtful. You're the 'feared prince' of the academy, and I'm just the 'mysterious' new kid. I doubt we'll be exchanging friendship bracelets anytime soon.''

I mockingly clutched my heart. ''Ouch, Aeryn. That hurts. I thought we were bonding over out shared love for magical mysteries and unpredictable powers.''

She crossed her arms, a smirk playing on her lips. ''Nice try, but I've heard the stories about you Damon. Power plays and mind games are your specialty.''

I feigned innocence. ''Who, me? Just a misunderstood prince trying to survive in a world of magical mayhem.''

Aeryn chuckled. ''Survival tactics that involve making everyone else tremble in their magical boots, i presume?''

I winked at her. ''You catch on fast. But who says survival cant be entertaining?''

Aeryn tilted her head, a smirk still playing on her lips. ''Entertaining for you, maybe. The rest of us are trying not to get caught in the crossfire of your magical theatrics.''

I grinned, enjoying the back and forth. ''Consider it a shot, Aeryn. A dazzling display of magical prowess and princely charm.''

She rolled her eyes but couldn't hide a small laugh. ''Charmed, I'm sure. Well prince charming or not, i'm not falling for any magical tricks. I've got my eye on you Damon.''

I adopted an exaggerated look of innocence. ''Me? Use magical tricks? Perish the thought. I'm just a humble veteran student navigating the mystical maze of academia.

Aeryn laughed. ''Humble? Now, that's a new one. Next, you'll be telling me your here to make friends.''

I pretended to clutch my heart in mock offense again. ''Aeryn, you wound me. Of course I'm here to make friends. Friends, enemies, allies. The magical world is full of possibilities. Plus, i already have lots of friends.''

She raised an eyebrow, a playful challenge in her eyes. ''And where do i fall for this grand scheme of yours, Prince charming?''

I grinned, meeting her gaze. ''Ah, Aeryn, some secrets are meant to be uncovered. Wouldn't want to spoiled the magical mystery, would we?'' I repeat the same words she told me.

With a playful glint in her eyes, Aeryn replied, ''Well see about that, Damon.''

And with that, she turned around and walked away without another word.

Well this is going to be fun.

—————————————————————————
Hi lovelies🫶🏼🫶🏼 kinda lost motivation so the updates will be very slow. I'm so sorry🫶🏼🫶🏼