Cozy Cafe

Pepper cruises down the sidewalk maneuvering around animals of all kinds, one hand holding down her sunhat to keep it from flying off, the other gripping the rubber handle of the bike to steer as her eyes search for something amongst the busy traffic on this sunny morning.

Where is... Oh, there it is! Beaming she slows down, glancing both ways for oncoming traffic, and upon seeing none crosses the road and comes to a gentle stop in front of a cozy cafe.

Hopping off she sets her bike into the bike stand taking out her lock to keep it safe and pushing her glasses up her nose, lifts her gaze to see two sets of bright blue metal Bistro folding chairs and a matching round table set in front of a window that gives those that pass by a view of the inside, placed on either side of the cafe's entrance. One table and two chairs sat opposite one another currently occupied by a friendly lion and lioness couple that sipped their cups of warm liquid while engaging in light conversation.

Sending them a friendly smile and wave she makes her way toward the entrance a glass door with a dark glossy wooden frame that shines from the overhead sun's rays, and grabs the solid brass handle that protrudes from the dark wooden frame like a half-curved circle easy to fit any hand size, and with a ring from the small metal bell that hangs overhead upon entering, steps inside.

 Taking a deep breath the smell of bitter-strong coffee grounds and sweet treats fills her nose, the sounds of gentle classical music overrode by the noise of consistent chatter and clinking of utensils reach her ears that wiggle occasionally. How I love this smell.

The floorboards creak beneath her moccasins as she steps up to the L-shaped counter the longer side a glass curve to showcase several options of delicate sweets overshadowed by bright lights.

"Hello, what can I get you started with?" A witty southern-drawl voice has her look up from the display case to meet a pair of dark amber eyes of an antelope clothed in a dark gray apron, a sly grin showing off his pearly white teeth, as he not so subtly checks her out.

Ducking to hide a blush she wraps her fingers around the strap of her bag, before clearing her throat and replying with a sweet smile,

"H-Hi, I was wondering if I could get a uh to-go order of..." She trails off gaze hovering above the antelope's head to see a dark green chalkboard hanging high on the white bricked wall covered in white chalk words that talk about the daily special, favorite drinks, and special deals. So many options, wish I could try them all.

"Hm.." Dropping her gaze to the antelope she bites her lower lip in thought, "Um, what would you recommend?"

The antelope raises a brow at this, lifts his gaze to meet hers, and licks his lips speaking a thousand words with that one gesture. "Okay...?" Eyebrows drawn together she doesn't get the hint and instead crouches down to take in the sugary sweets of the display case, oblivious to the antelope's crestfallen gaze. 

"I think I'll get a..." She taps her chin in thought, "A blueberry muffin, and...oh a maple donut, please." She straightens up sending him an innocent smile, unaware of how this affects him.

"Uh...s-sure. Yeah, yeah." He stutters out, fumbling around to grab a paper bag and shakily grabs the desired items as Pepper casts her eyes around the cafe,

"This place is so nice. You must get a lot of happy customers." She mumbles to herself, wandering gaze lifting to all the old posters and newspapers framed in gold dating back many years that talk of nothing but good reviews hang from the various hues of thin horizontal wooden strips that are the walls.

Lifting her gaze to see green-shaded lamps overhanging wooden chairs and matching tables with various occupied and empty seats, a bull and moose playfully conversing about the latest game that took place last Sunday.