CHAPTER 14:

Ivy was seated in the great hall, in her usual spot as always, beside Agnes and Beatrice, who were fretting over their upcoming game later today.

"Agnes!" Mabel squealed as she wiped her robe. "Be careful where you set your goblet! You drenched my robe!"

Oblivious to this, Agnes held her palms to her head and moaned wearily.

"It's going to be alright, Agnes." Pomeline said, her hand reassuringly brushing Agnes's arm. "I'm sure it will go brilliantly! Stop your worrying!"

Agnes grumbled in response.

"Pomeline is absolutely right, Agnes!" With an enthusiastic backslap, Beatrice shouted, "Stop your sulking and get your energy!"

"What's going on here?" Fleamont asked once he sat, making brief eye contact with Ivy as he did so, smiling.

Ivy gave a smile in return, hoping that it didn't come across as strained. She hadn't forgotten what Agnes and the others had confessed that night.

"Poor Agnes here is worrying over the game." Beatrice remarked. She looked up from her plate and faced Fleamont, pointing her fork, inquiring, "Perhaps you being the captain and all you could motivate her to get her energy and not worry over this?"

Fleamont leaned back and nodded, turning to his sulking friend. "Come on, Agnes, it's just one game! We've competed with those snobby Slytherins before!"

Agnes grumbled once more.

Fleamont raised a brow. "What?"

Agnes raised her head and sighed. "That's not what I'm worried about."

Beatrice set down her goblet and gave her a bewildered expression. "Then what is it that's making you act like... this?"

Agnes sighed once more. "It's just that... I'm worried that Septimus won't play properly."

Ivy gave her a look, and before she could retort, Agnes raised her hands and remarked, "Before you say anything, I did apologise to him!"

Ivy narrowed her eyes.

"So, if you had apologised, what makes you think he wouldn't play properly?" Fleamont asked.

"I fear that he doesn't believe in my apology." Agnes rolled her eyes. "Septimus is rather stubborn. I suppose it runs in the family."

Beatrice chuckled. "You could say that again."

Agnes gave her a glare.

Fleamont cleared his throat. "Incoming."

Everyone turned to face towards the Ravenclaw table to see that Septimus was strolling towards the Gryffindor table while conversing with Lyall, who was alongside him.

Agnes leaped out of her seat. "Gotta go! See you during potions!" She grabbed her bag and dashed out of the great hall.

"Hey guys." Septimus cheerfully said as he sat beside Fleamont.

"Good morning." Lyall bowed his head and began helping himself to breakfast.

"So...ready for the game, Fleamont, Beatrice?" Septimus probed.

"Of course I am." Fleamont grinned. "You know I am! Those Slytherins won't know what hit'em!" He glanced at Ivy, who met his glance with a blank stare.

Septimus laughed and clapped Fleamont's back, causing him to break his eye contact. "That's the Gryffindor spirit!"

"And what are you possibly trying to do during the game?" Beatrice asked with a raised brow. "Planning to break a leg? And I'm not referring to your own."