Chapter 2

I woke up to find I had my head resting on Alistair's arm. I was really groggy from that knock-out gas. We were in some kind of metal container, still tied up, and with Alistair still asleep...

All I remembered was that Tallulah's minions had tied us up after that fight...

*flashback*

"FREEZE!" I pointed my gun to Tallulah, who ran and ducked behind the crates against the far wall, I then pointed it to the group of minions and scientists and ordered them to get down on the floor, Alistair pointed his gun at them too and asked "Where's this time portal!?" Nobody answered him instead some more minions had come through the door and were just about to get us, we were fortunate enough to have heard them.

I turned around quickly and looked straight at the minion who was stood behind Alistair, choosing where to shoot the guy. Before he could even think about ducking, BANG right in the heart and he fell to the floor with a thud.

Then Alistair threw four minions to the floor with just a wave of his arm. I hit a few of them over their heads with my gun. Alistair charged at five of them and tackled them to the ground.

A couple of them came up behind me and I kicked out and hit them in their private parts, and they collapsed on the ground, crippled in absolute agony.

One came charging at me and I quickly bent over and pulled my knife out of my knee-high boot on my right leg and plunged it into his stomach. Alistair pulled the knife back out and cleaned it off and slid it back in my boot carefully.

Seven minions came charging at us, Alistair gave me a panicked look as if to say "uh-oh!" he looked in my eyes and saw the fear in them. We punched and kicked until we were tired out, then we collapsed on the floor and could do no more, there was too many of them for just the two of us...

*Back to 1st August 1932*

I sat up, with my hands tied behind my back uncomfortably and my ankles tied together. I looked at Alistair and nudged him with my elbow to wake him up. "Alistair, wake up!" "Linaaa, let me sleeeeeeeep." "We can't do that, come on, we need to get out if here! Untie my hands for me?" "Yeah, sure." I turned around as Alistair sat up, he caressed my hands with his right hand as he untied my hands. I reached down when he was done and untied my ankles, he then turned around and I untied his hands for him and he untied his own ankles. "What do you think we should do to escape?" "I don't know, Alistair, but we have to find a way and fast!" Alistair stood up and held his left hand out to me, I looked into his eyes and took it in my own hand and his huge biceps rippled as he pulled me up. I leaned up on my tiptoes and gave him a very quick peck on the cheek. I whispered "Let's find a way out of here, I'm starting to feel claustrophobic."

We started searching for a way out of the metal container as we were searching, I found an air vent that luckily was a bit bigger than Alistair otherwise he would have been trapped. We crawled through it, Alistair first. I can tell you this, I had a good view...

We reached the end of the vent and we crawled out into the storage room of the abandoned warehouse and we opened the door to the office and saw...