𝟎𝟓 || 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐜𝐞

___

___

Emma

Armin Zola was in one of the holding cells as the newly wedded and grieving Emma Fitzpatrick entered it, holding a dinner tray. She sets the tray down and sits down before looking the Nazi doctor. "Sit down."

He sits down and looks at the meal, "what is this?"

"Steak."

"What is in it?"

"Cow." She narrows her eyes. "Doctor, do you realize how difficult it is to convince Colonel Philips to let you get ahold of a prime cut like that out here?"

"I don't eat meat."

"Why not?"

"It disagrees with me."

"Pussy." She mutters underneath her breath. "How about cyanide? Does that give you the rumbly tummy, too? Every HYDRA agent that we've tried to take alive has crunched a little pill before we can stop him. But not you," she grabs the dinner tray and starts cutting the steak. She grabs the fork and eats a piece of the steak. "So, here is my brilliant theory: you want to live."

"You're trying to intimidate me, Viper."

"Me, a married woman, had bought you dinner. Also, where the hell does Viper come from?" Emma scoffs before sliding Zola a piece of paper.

He reads it aloud, "given the valuable information he has provided and in exchange for his full cooperation, Dr. Zola is being remanded to Switzerland?"

"Colonel Philips sent that message to Washington this morning, of course it was encoded. You guys haven't broken those codes, have you? That would be awkward~" 

"Schmidt will know this is a lie."

"And he'll kill you anyway. You know why? You're a liability. You're nothing more to him than a tool for mass genocide. But, you do know more about Schmidt than anyone. And the last two soldiers you cost us was America's Golden Girl- Lady Liberty along with Captain Rogers' closest friend, so I wouldn't count on the very best of protection. It's you or Schmidt. It's just the hand you've been dealt."

"We've been studying your kind."

"Women? Yeah, I know. It's a man's world, and the biggest fucking mystery is the ones with breasts."

"No, your other kind."

"Americans? Oh, how scary." He gives her a look. "Explain."

"The mutations you and your husband have, it is remarkable. We've only discovered one other like you, a young boy Dr. Shaw has his eyes on. Either your kind is in hiding, or your kind is going extinct."

"Wow. You truly are a strange doctor. Tell me about your boyfriend." Emma crosses her arms.

"Schmidt believes he walks in the footsteps of the Gods. Only the world itself will satisfy him."