Part 9

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep, but it couldn't have been for long because from the window in Eris's cabin — our cabin — I could still see the night sky and lit bonfires in the distance. We were still in the same position we were in when we had finished fucking.

Me on top of him with him still inside of me.

Eris still had a hand on my hip while the other rubbed lazily across my back.

I slowly push up, my hands braced against his muscular chest, "How long was I asleep ?" I whispered, my voice still thick with sleep.

He didn't respond, he only gave me a small smile and continued to rub his hands along my thighs.

"How long was I asleep ?" I asked again, and noticed a hint of red in his cheeks. "You were asleep too ?"

Eris let out a small laugh, "Until you started squirming trying to get more comfortable."

I let out a small laugh of my own, "Sorry."

"Don't be. You can go back to sleep if you want. I'll wake you up before I go back." Something like anger and pain seemed to flash across his face, his eyes, at the last four words he spoke.

"Before you go back... Under the Mountain ?"

He nods. Once. Tightly.

My hands cupped his face, making him meet my gaze, "I don't want to sleep then. Let's spend our last night together."

Those amber eyes, his eyes, searched my face, for what I don't know, but then he was kissing me. Wordlessly he pulled away and then he was carrying me to the bathroom and sat me atop the counter.

I watched him as he filled the tub with water, added soaps and oils to it. Grabbed bottles of hair products and towels before setting them on the chair near the tub then carrying me to the tub and placing me in it. He followed in right after and silently washed my hair and my skin. Placing soft kisses as he went and I did the same for him. When we were done he dried us off and then we dressed.

I was waiting for him to finish lacing up his boots and he caught me yawning, "Are you sure you don't want to sleep, little flame ?"

"I'm sure," I nod. "Do you have any food here ? I'm starving."

"No, but, there is an orange grove and grape vineyard a mile back."

I arch a brow, "What kind of grapes ?"

"Green."

"Autumn or Spring ?"

"Autumn," he smirks, "why ?"

"I haven't had Autumn grapes in years and they're my favorite."

He laughs softly, "So, no, oranges ?"

"I mean, I love oranges too but, I don't want to peel them. I hate how my hands feel after. And Autumn grapes are always crispy."

He walks up to me, placing his hands on my hips, "I'll peel them for you."

But before I get a chance to respond he leads me out of the cabin and the crisp autumn night breeze hits my face. Eris puts his arm over my shoulders, tucking me into him and my hand fists the back of his tunic as if he'll vanish. As he leads us down a trail, towards the vineyard and grove.

"So your favorite color is blue and autumn green grapes are your favorite, you love oranges. . . What else ?" Eris asks.

"What do you want to know ?"

"Anything. Everything."

"I don't know anything about you. So how about a question for a question ?" I offer.