012

You hissed as your body was jostled as Rhaegon lowered himself to the ground on the floor of the bathroom.

"All right, the water's warm." Alis said as she stood to her full height again, "I'll go get you food and water."

"Thank you, Alis." She nodded her head and left.

You got off Rhaegon's back, carefully, so as not to stretch open the slice on your stomach. You need to let me heal you before you bathe. Rhaegon insists. That way you won't get an infection while trapped in that mortal body.

"No."

Sunshine, I wasn't asking.

"It's going to hurt like it's happening all over again." You argue, chest still heaving slightly as you braced your hands on the counter.

Then stop bleeding and heal yourself. He growled.

You scoffed, eyes narrowed into slits, "I would if I could!"

But you can't! He snarled. So undress and let me heal you so you can bathe. . . Gods you smell terrible. His lips curled in disgust, you smell of Hybern filth.

Taking a couple deep breaths you steadied yourself and undressed. Letting out hisses and groans of pain when your fighting leathers reopened or pulled on your cuts. Rhaegon let out a pained whimper at the sight of your cut, bruised and bloody form. Most of it on your back.

Sunshine—

"Just heal me. . . please." You had no doubt that he was wondering about the scars that weren't on your back.

Y/n—

"Rhaegon! Now." You ordered, taking three steadying breaths—the last one coming out as more of a shudder—bracing yourself for the temporary pain you were going to feel. Rhaegon's ear twitching against your head was the only warning you got before he started to heal you.

It was all you could do to grip onto the counter and sink as your face twisted in a pained grimace. Knuckles white and nostrils flaring as you exhaled sharp breaths through your nose, while your skin painfully knitted back together with his magic.

You could feel each cut and slice healing—even if it was only a few of them—it felt as if they were cutting you all over again. Probably with their magic since you didn't feel them land a blow with their weapons during the fight with all the adrenaline coursing through your body. But now you did.

And while Rhaegon heals the few cuts you have he also starts to heal the bruises on your body. Certain parts of your body like your arms and shoulders shake again as you once more feel the force of their blows.

His deep gruff voice echoes in your mind just as you start to black out. Put your weight on me. . . come on, sunshine. You lean against one of his forelegs heavily as you stagger towards the bathtub filled with bubbles smelling of rose and citrus bathing oils.

Letting out a soft noise of content as you sink down into the warm water, until the bubbles cover you up to your neck. Soaking for a while with your eyes closed, the warm water eases the soreness from your body and you try to relax your mind for a few minutes. Knowing Feyre's going to want answers sooner than later. Different scenarios run through your mind and none of them end well.

A defeated sigh leaves your lips as you find Rhaegon's eyes already on you, studying you, as he guards the door and you tear your eyes away looking for the bottles of hair products and soaps. Huffing when you spot them on a chair by the counter. Meaning you'd have to get out of the tub to grab them, but before you could even brace your hands on the sides of the tub Rhaegon gently grabs the bottles in his mouth. Then he drops them into your hands. "Thank you."