Agony

Tony's P.O.V.

I miss her. I miss her smile, her laugh; I miss every thing about her.

I've never felt this way about another person before. Sure I have been in love before but that was nothing compared to the way I feel about Ziva. When I'm around her it's like time stands still and all I see is her. She's the most beautiful girl that I have ever met.

When she admitted to me that she loved me, I was unbelievably happy. I couldn't stop myself from kissing her. I had waited for that moment for a long time. It was the greatest moment of my life. But then reality came crashing down and I realised we weren't going to have our happy ending. She was staying in Israel and I was heading back to D.C. I would never see her again. The agony I felt in that moment almost brought me to my knees. The moment we can finally be together and it's all taken away.

Ever since returning to D.C. I haven't been able to sleep. I can't stop thinking about her. I never should of left her behind. I should of either forced her to come back with me or stayed in Israel with her. Although, I've come to realise that neither of those would have been a good idea. Ziva needs time to sort out her life and that's what I am going to give her...time. I will wait the rest of eternity for her if I have to.

I think Gibbs knows that something happened between Ziva and I in Tel Aviv because he keeps on looking at me with pity. However, he doesn't say anything. Typical Gibbs. I know he misses her too, they all do. She was a daughter, sister and friend to all of them.

The new girl Eli, she has no idea about the depth of my feelings for Ziva and I see no reason to tell her. None of the others really know but they are aware that we were closer than friends should be.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Gibbs walking in saying "Grab your gear".

I slowly get up from my desk, grab my backpack and my gun and walk towards the elevator. Just another day at work without her...