Chapter 1

A/N: I'm so happy that I received such an amazing feedback only from the prologue! I'm also happy at the fact that gay marriage was legalized all over the U.S. I'm not a part of the LGBT community, but I support them a lot. Love is truly for all, it only takes some people more time to realize it.
Anyways, hope you like the chapter (I had to re-write it because my computer is a bitch)

*********

*BUZZ*

I didn't open my eyes, just feeling the hot LA breeze coming from the window, tickling my skin.

*BUZZ*

I flinched as I heard the vibrating sound again, noticing it was probably time to wake up.

I opened my eyes and grabbed my silver flip-phone on the nightstand.

8 missed calls from Raini

Why is Raini so desperate today? Geez, it's only...

7:55AM

what.
the.
hell.

I jumped out of bed, noticing how late I was.

I didn't bother running to do things, seeing as I wasn't gonna make it for the first class of the day anyways.

I got ready, changing clothes, brushing my teeth and making my hair.

I made my bed and took a look at the headache medicine on next to my phone. I put my anti-hangover savior back in the nightstand drawer and grabbed my bag. Taking a quick glance in the mirror, I straightened my yellow shirt and pulled up my jeans a bit.

Perfect.

Heading downstairs, I received a look - better yet, that look - from a very angry mother.

"You are late." She said, as I made my way to the fridge, grabbing a fruit.

"It's the third time in two months Laura! You should be focused on studying instead of... Whatever you're doing."

More like whoever.

"I know mom. It's not gonna happen again." I replied, throwing the tests of what was an apple on the trash and heading to the door.

"That's what you said the two last times" I heard my mom mumble from the kitchen.

-
I exited the silver Mercedes that was in my usual parking spot.

The school always had the scent of flowers, steel and grass.

Well, at least the outside, because hell, the inside was nothing more than a gas chamber that spilled the horrid smell of sweat and plastic.

I walked through the front doors, headed to my locker and grabbed my algebra books.

As I knocked and opened Mr. Kian's classroom door, everyone looked at me.

That is, besides the teacher writing on the board.

"Ms. Marano." he said, not even turning around "You're late."

"I know Mr. Kian, I'm sorry."

"Just don't make that a routine, or else I'll have you to join detention." he turned around and gave me a concerning look

"I won't." I said, sitting on the only chair left.

As the middle aged man turned back to his numbers, I went to grab my binder.

"Well, well. Look who's late again."

I snapped my head to the side, looking for the source of the sarcastic voice.