Part 6

Soul Mates

I Dont know how we went from
"Hi can we be friends?" to "Hi, can I kiss you?" but we did...but I did.

I've always loved you...
I'll always love you, exactly how frank ocean felt when he penned down those words...

Maybe my love won't be like the one passed down history through the expressions of our fathers and mothers, or through the media and Disney, maybe my love for you isn't going to be as uniquely different as those weird performative wannabe special kind of romance that Tiktok and badly produced movie directors have romanticized in Hollywood. Maybe my love for you won't be forever, maybe it won't, hell! I don't know, or maybe I do, I'm kinda used to loving people like this too— all my life I've always loved boys I knew or I thought I would love forever, and to be honest, I strangely still do...so, yeah, maybe I'll love you like them...like that too. Maybe not, maybe the effect of you will last stronger, maybe it'll wear off...no one knows, but what I know right now is that I love you, I've always loved you and I'll always love you.

I didn't need to know you to know that you different. It was the way you walked, the way the looked around, the way your voice boomed in my hears when you didn't even know we'd one day sit by naked by the ocean under the evening sun, kissing in broad daylight. I just knew it, you're a proof that my intuition isn't faulty, you're different and if that is the only reason why I think I'll always love you, then yes; you only need so much reasons to love a person anyway.

Ive always felt neglected; I've created a personality out of this traumatic reality of mind that a lot of people find interesting, so I hold on tight to it even when it comes with its cons like being obsessive, dramatic, paranoid, bitchy, saucy, more bitchy, more saucy, and a couple of other things that I feel deep inside me but can't find the right words yet; yet you, you Dont give up when I show you this less interesting parts of me that people seldom see, you Dont judge me or loathe me even when I know you have a strong sense of self and pride...you stay... it's strange, it's new, it's cool...it's scary, everyone else left, you, you stayed...stay...you might leave me eventually, who knows *shrugs* (you see! I'm paranoid! I'm saying something cute but I've managed to somewhat ruin it and this are the kind of things that chase people away, but you, you stay).

I know people have their expectations of what they want in a man or woman or romantic partner generally, and that it's a joke to have these things in a world where you haven't created a single being, and I did have mine, but you came around and that list got burnt, it didn't make any sense no more; I was willing to ruin my life for you instantly, I still am...but maybe not as willingly as before lol. Maybe it's the similarities that I identify, a lost soul recognizing another, an insecure soul meets another, soul mates.