Chapter 5

~3 years later~

Norah sighed as she entered their apartment slipping off her shoes and into slippers. She set the bag of groceries onto the counter, noticing the apartment was now spotless, she looked around confused and almost threw a can at Ignis who was sitting at the table. She let out a gasp and sigh of relief. She was there before Noctis got back from his volunteer work.

Setting down the can of vegetables, she smoothed back her hair and had began to put away the food items save for the ones she would use that night. She was silent in putting things away, the two didn't speak often unless they needed to. Although perhaps this was a time she needed to.

"Hey Ignis, sorry I hadn't time to clean up. Been so busy with work and what not."

"If I do recall, your room is the cleanest place in the house as usual." Ignis had a small smile, "Have Noctis's...eating habits improved?"

"Hah. No. But, I am making something he will like, do you want to join us? My treat. For helping clean up."

"I have time. What are you making?"

"Rice bowls, nice and easy after working all day. Just have to figure out...fish or chicken." She pondered, "Chicken." She smiled and got to work.

Ignis watched her keeping his space although giving advice as she cooked. She did take it into consideration, doing as he said. She hummed softly, turning as she saw Noctis come home, he looked tired. She nodded towards him.

"Hey Noct." She smiled at him.

"Hey Nor. Ah, Ignis. What's up?" He asked.

"Came to deliver this report." He slid it on the table.

Noctis sighed softly, "Right. Give me a sec." He disappeared into his room.

Norah hissed in pain as she touched the hot skillet, the burn healed immediately as if she wasn't just burned. She looked back to make sure Ignis hadn't noticed, and he didn't, lucky for her. Curse her clumsiness. She added a sauce comprised of secret veggies, one of the few ways she's been able to get Noctis to eat vegetables of course she didn't tell him otherwise he most likely wouldn't eat the food she made. You had to get creative with a picky eater like him. Norah looked towards the rice, seeing it was done she clasped her hands together.

"Food is done, you boys serve yourself." She looked towards Noctis's door, "Make sure you clean up before you grab food!" She called him before getting her food.

Ignis grabbed himself food and looked at the sauce he knew it had some vegetables in it but where...?

"How did you make the sauce?"

"Ah I added the veggies Noct hates and then I added the things he likes, some broth, parmesan cheese I believe and seasonings. I've done this so many times and it always tricks him." She giggled, "Pretty smart right?"

"Hmm it is. I haven't thought about something like that." He ate their silence continuing once Noctis came out.

Noctis got his food and sat by them, gazing down at the report as he ate. Asking Norah or Ignis to help clarify a few things. Norah explaining all she could without making it sound overly complicated as she knew how she could get when she started talking politics. It was her life after all, everything from how she was raised to how she was earning money. She wished she had been part of it sooner. She did make time for her friends of course, that was one thing she never forgot. Her friends were second priority but that was purely because she didn't have many, so it had been easy to keep them around.