Chapter Three

"Nico!"
"Of course not. I was just about to IM you. Were there any escaped souls that Thanatos couldn't collect after the Doors were closed?" Percy asked
"Not that I know of why?"
"Hmm could you find out, I have a situation and I need some information."
"A quest?"
"Of sorts, technically it's a favour but I'm not about to go in blind, I'm going in fully prepared. Ask Thanatos about a soul of a man named Tom Riddle."
"All right I'll IM in an hour tops"
With that the IM vanished. Percy got up with a grunt "I'll IM at camp and make preparations for the trip." Paul and Sally exchanged a look filled with worry. Percy headed towards the bathroom and created a mist before IM ing Annabeth who was at
camp. "Hey Wise Girl"
"Hey Perce "
Percy explained everything that had happened since he reached home. He explained that it was a favour for Hecate who had blessed him with the knowledge of an average seventeen year old wizard.After which both of them said their goodbyes.
Percy swiped his hand through the IM effectively ending it. Walking into his room, Percy started packing—clothes, toiletries, photos, nectar and ambrosia for emergencies and extra weapons. With a deep breath he walked out of his room.
On Nico's end things were going well with Thanatos who was quite cooperative until Nico mentioned Tom Riddle then things became bad. Thanatos delved into Tom's backstory , the circumstances of his birth, his childhood, his school days, his desperation for power and finally his downfall at Godric's Hollow. By the time Thanatos had managed to explain everything including the prophecy and horcruxes it had already been 2 hours.
Considering that Percy had helped him before Thanatos decided to return the favor. He created a knife out of his scythe and enchanted it to look like a pitch black ring which would buzz when around a horcrux and become a knife which would destroy a horcrux when twisted clockwise.
Thanatos also revealed that he had a son named Severus Snape,his first in centuries, who was caught in the war and was forced to take on the role of a spy and a double agent. Turns out that Severus wasn't just the child of Death but also the grandson of Venus and great grandson of Poseidon which made him a powerful demigod on par with the children of the Big Three. Nico had known that Sev (that's what everyone at camp Jupiter called him.) was the grandson of Venus but not the rest. He was even more surprised to find out that Damon Thorne the daughter of River Lethe and Cassius Thorne (the former Lord Thorne with Damon as the current Lord) a well known figure in the Wizarding world and the current head of the Assassin's Guild and the Illuminati was married to Sev. Turns out Sev and Dami had a five year old daughter named Azalea.
Nico took the ring from Thanatos as he promised to ask Percy to protect and help Severus out of his spy situation. As Nico headed to Percy's house the only thing in his mind was " Wow! Percy just can't seem to get a break ."
At camp, Annabeth relayed Percy's situation to the rest of the Seven, Reyna and Thalia in case Percy needed back up. She calculated and prepared several contingency plans. Though she was heartbroken that she wouldn't be able to meet Percy everyday she understood that he needed to do this.
When Thalia heard the name Hogwarts she was immediately reminded of a werewolf she'd helped out in Britain by the name of Remus Lupin. She remembered him mentioning that he was a wizard and that he had once been a teacher at at a school called Hogwarts. She immediately IMed Lupin, "Hey Lupin"
A certain werewolf who was doing the dishes looked up startled.
"Thalia, hey how are you is everything okay?"
"Yeah it's fine though why are you doing dishes with your hands don't you have like I don't know magic?"
"It's a stress buster for me and I'm really nervous to meet your cousin."
"Oh great so you already know, can you just make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble than he has already managed to stir up"
"Oh yeah of course though I doubt a Marauder like me would be a big help. " Lupin muttered as Thalia slashed through the IM. She immediately IMed Percy and told him about Lupin and that he wouldn't be a problem since he was blessed by Lupa.
Percy was to certain degree pleased that he wasn't going into a quest blind and had plenty of backup now only if Nico could get more information on his grandfather. At the very next second Nico shadow traveled into his room.
By the time Nico was done explaining everything he had found out and gave Percy the ring it was almost time for Percy to leave.He was quite surprised to hear about Severus who had helped him at camp Jupiter. Percy decided to name his new weapon as 'ψυχή' which meant soul.
As Nico prepared to leave, after stealing a blue cookie mind you, The doorbell rang.