Chapter 6 - Marry That Girl

6

The afternoon sun was still shining brightly in the cloudless blue sky above the large high school grounds with the American flag blowing lightly in the wind when the sleek black Impala pulled up to the sidewalk out front with a rumble where the young Sam and Cat were already waiting by the flagpole together.

Sariel and I were seated in the back of the Impala as I stared at the back of Dean's head with a curious look in my eye, his light brown hair styled longer than normal and waving past his forehead with some of it tucked behind his ears, wearing a black tee and his dad's old brown leather jacket as he put the car in park.

I raised my eyebrows, admiring his hair from behind and shrugged, "I don't know why he ever cut it so short? It looked good like that."

Sam leaned into the passenger's side window first, keeping his voice low as he looked at Dean with a slightly desperate pleading look in his eyes, "Just go with it, okay? I have a friend coming over to work on a school project."

Dean looked back at him and furrowed his brows when I finally noticed how much younger and model-like he looked even with the slightly annoyed look on his face, "What?"

Cat then leaned inside the window beside Sam with an eager smile, causing Sam to back away slightly with a nervous look in his eyes while Dean slowly raised his eyebrows as he laid his eyes on Cat for the first time, smiling to myself as watched the scene unfold from the backseat.

Cat laughed as she raised her eyebrows, looking around the interior while caressing the outside of the sleek black door, "This is a cherry ride you got here. This is all yours?"

Dean looked almost a little taken aback with a clearly impressed look on his face as he glanced back at Sam with a smirk, "Yeah, it is. You're Sammy's friend?"

Sam gave him an annoyed bitchface when he shook his head, gesturing lightly to Cat with a shrug, "Yeah, this is Cat. Cat, this is my brother Dean."

Dean looked back at Cat and shrugged with a charming half smile, "Older brother."

Cat raised her eyebrows briefly before standing up straight and reaching to open the backdoor, "Obviously."

Dean furrowed his brows slightly as his smile faded when Sam opened the front passenger door and slid inside, giving him a look while he leaned in and whispered harshly, "Just go with it! You owe me one."

Cat plopped down in the backseat and shut the door behind her, dropping her backpack onto the floor when Dean let out a sigh, rolling his eyes and shaking his head as he reached for the radio dial and turned it on, playing 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath quietly.

Cat leaned forward over the seat behind Sam and laughed as she gestured towards the dial, "Hell yeah, turn it up. I love this song."

Dean glanced back at her before looking back at Sam with a knowing smirk and turned it up a little louder, Sam's face getting bright red as he nervously darted his eyes away and looked out the window, causing Dean to laugh quietly to himself as he put the car in drive and pulled away.

I let out a laugh as I shook my head, "Man, I'll never forget the look on his face when he first met me. Priceless."

Sariel glanced back at me before shaking her head, "Perhaps, but this isn't the part I wanted to show you."