Chapter 2 - Down The Rabbit Hole

2

A few of us were gathered in the informal dining room still enjoying breakfast together with Dean and Mandy sitting beside each other on the other side of the table secretly holding hands underneath out of eyeshot, Andy watching me intently with a look of awe and wonder from across her plate of eggs and bacon with half-eaten toast, and Sam sitting quietly beside me with half his attention divided between finishing his breakfast and listening to my morning adventure with a myriad of confused, slightly shocked and impressed expressions.

I leaned forward in my chair, touching Sam's leg lightly as I glanced back at him with a child-like smile, "And then, I peeled back the guardrail like a can of sardines and jumped straight off the edge of a cliff!"

Sam raised his eyebrows as he looked back at me, swallowing his bite and shaking his head, "You're jumping off of cliffs now? Where was this even at?"

I hesitated, shrugging with a slight frown before brushing him off, "Colorado? Anyway, and then- I just closed my eyes and spread my arms out wide, and I healed myself just because? And..."

I stopped myself, a soft smile spreading across my face as I looked out the window at the orange morning sky and let out a laugh, raising my eyebrows and shaking my head, "I just flew? It was amazing, it felt like..."

I couldn't help but smile wider as I replayed the moment in my head, looking back at Sam and shrugging with a smirk, "Well, I guess it felt like flying? I can't really explain it any other way."

Sam nodded his head slowly with a proud smile, laughing lightly and setting his fork down before reaching for my hand on his leg, squeezing gently with a look of pure adoration in his eyes as he looked back at me, "I knew you could do it."

My face lit up with a bright smile when Andy sat up in her chair, raising her eyebrows with a smile as she looked at me, "Can you take me next? I wanna fly."

Mandy furrowed her brows as she looked back at Andy and shook her head, "Andy, Dad is barely letting you stay here with us to be our resident computer nerd? He's not gonna like it if he hears that you were falling out of the sky over the grand canyon."

I hesitated and sank back into my chair, shrugging and raising my eyebrows, "I actually don't know if I can do it with other people yet?"

I paused, looking back at Dean and shaking my head, "And I definitely don't think Baby was made to fly. I just might be able to poof us with her while she's parked?"

Dean raised his eyebrows slightly as he leaned forward in his chair and gave me a look as he pointed back at me, "I mean it, Cat, I'm serious. I'll kill you if you hurt Baby."

Sam shot him a look from across the table when I gasped and reached for my chest, giving him a playful look as I shook my head, "I would never. Baby is a relic, just like you are."

Dean gave me a deadpan look when Andy started to chuckle, causing Sam to crack a slight smirk and shake his head as he tried not to laugh when Mandy shrugged with a smirk, looking back at Dean and nudging him lightly with her elbow, "Lighten up a little. That was actually a pretty good one?"

Dean glanced back at her with an unenthused look on his face when Griffin and Billie then walked through the open French doors with slightly apprehensive smiles, Griffin acting strangely awkward with his hands as he stopped beside her, settling on crossing his arms and shrugging with a forced half smile, "Hey, guys."