Chapter 5

Madison's P.O.V

As we pulled up to the Etihad I stood up and got off of the bus with the medical team and walked into the stadium where I then stood just out of view from the media and fans to wait for Leah and Alessia to come in so that I could walk to the changing room with them. A few minutes later Leah, Alessia, and Kyra all walked through the doors I had moments before. I took Alessia's hand and the four of us followed the rest of the team to the changing room where they all put their bags down before heading out to the pitch for a pitch inspection. after we walked around the pitch we went back to the changing rooms so that everyone could get into their kit for the game.

Once everyone was changed we went out onto the pitch so that they could warm up, you could hear the fans cheering as the team walked out of the tunnel the atmosphere was amazing. Whilst the team warmed up I sat on the bench as I wasn't allowed to be on the pitch. After everyone had warmed up we all walked back into the changing room so that Jonas could have a talk with the team about tactics and how he wanted them all to play. He then gave Kim the floor to give a pre-match speech as she is the captain. When Kim had finished her speech everyone stood in a circle and put their hand in the middle, Kim looked around at everyone and said 'On three... 1....2....3....' and then the whole team shouted 'ARSENAL'. The team walked into the tunnel whilst Kyra and I as well as the rest of the substitutes went and sat on the bench ready for the game to begin.

No ones P.O.V

Welcome to the Etihad Stadium where we have a top-of-the-table clash lined up for you today. It's going to be an exciting one for you Manchester City vs Arsenal who will emerge victorious.

Starting for Manchester City today we have:

Ellie Roebuck (GK)

Kerstin Casparij

Steph Houghton (C)

Alex Greenwood

Laia Alexaindri

Yui Hasegawa

Filippa Angeldahl

Laura Coombs

Chloe Kelly

Khadija Shaw

Lauren Hemp

And starting for Arsenal we have:

Manuela Zinsberger (GK)

Leah Williamson

Lotte Wubben-Moy

Steph Catley

Noelle Maritz

Frida Maanum

Kim Little (C)

Katie McCabe

Victoria Pelova

Alessia Russo

Caitlin Foord

As the teams walk out of the tunnel the crowd erupted cheering for the players. Once the teams had shaken hands with one another and the officials they went and stood around the center circle for a minute of silence to show respect for those affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. After a minute of silence, the two teams went and stood in their various position across the pitch. As the whistle blows to signify the start of the match all the players take the knee as a stand against racism and inequality before standing again ready for kick-off.

And the game was off with Kadaja Shaw taking the first kick of the ball. Arsenal gained possession very quickly and made an attack. Within the first 90 seconds of the game, Frida Maanum had a chance but hit it just wide of the goal. The next few minutes of the game both teams were passing the ball around the pitch trying to create opportunities for a goal. Unfortunately for Arsenal, 3 minutes into the game, Chloe Kelly puts in a cross towards the goal and Lauren Hemp gets her foot on the ball scoring the first goal of the game taking Manchester City 1-0 up very early on. The Manchester City fans are going wild as they go up in the game with Lauren Hemp scoring her 50th goal for Manchester City.