CHAPTER 3

The Beginning of an Alliance

Tension hung thick in the air during the International Union meeting in Paradis. Madam Kiyomi Azumabito, the plenipotentiary minister from Heazul, and General Leon Hoffman, the representative from the Marleyan government, were present, along with envoys, the rest of the International Union members, members of Paradis' military corps, and the Queen of Paradis herself.

Queen Historia: Ladies and gentlemen, we must stand united against this new threat that has affected our lands. The transformations that occurred in Heazul and Marley are very similar to what we have experienced here. It is essential that we prepare an effective response to protect our people together.

Whispers and worried glances circulated among the present members. Tensions between the Pro-Jeager army and some members of the International Union were palpable. Debates on whether to train to face this new threat raged on.

Armin: We must prepare. These transformations can affect anyone, anytime. It is crucial that we have armed forces ready to react quickly to protect our citizens.

Gabriel, representing his country in the International Union: I know we have our differences. But we must find a peaceful solution to this crisis. So let's put our differences aside and work together to protect our nations.

 So let's put our differences aside and work together to protect our nations

The argument spread in the room, growing louder. General Gregory tried to calm the spirits.

General Gregory: Please, ladies and gentlemen. As one person, I ask you to unite our forces if only for the good of our respective countries.

Suddenly, Queen Historia spoke up.

Queen Historia: I have made my decision. We will opt for mutual assistance between every member nation of the International Union. We cannot afford to be divided in these troubled times. We must stand together if we hope for a future. If anyone has an objection, raise your hand!

No one raised their hand as a murmur of approval swept through the room, marking the beginning of an unprecedented alliance between Heazul, Marley, Paradis, and other nations. The Queen had made a bold but necessary decision to face this new threat.

Meanwhile, at Anna's place, Finn, along with her and her family members, discovered with surprise the identity of the man they had saved.

Anna (surprised): Wait, what?

Anna's Grandfather: I'm telling you, it's him. I've seen his face in a newspaper before, and it's definitely him!

Finn (surprised): Are you sure? Because he's been dead for a long time!

Grandfather: If you don't believe me, here! (throwing an old newspaper on the table)

Finn took the newspaper and was surprised to see that Anna's grandfather was right. Anna and her mother looked at the newspaper in turn.