Chapter 9 - What happend to you?

Listen to some Weirdcore music for this chapter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-Npv4hHVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVWX6dPEeOY

Chapter 9 Cover: https://www.deviantart.com/crazyswirl09/art/1026705169

The wind from the trees would blow as the night carried on. Trooper had fallen asleep on the couch with a tank top on and Bobo had slept upstairs.

Suddenly, it would begin to lightly rain as the time passed. Trooper had been woken up by a sudden crash from the nearby window. His eyes were sleepy but he could manage to figure out what was happening. He sat up on the couch and he looked at the clock. It was dark but he could still manage to see the time, 3:00 am, The devil's hour. What could possibly happen at this time? He got up off the couch and moved a few steps back, scared to find out what was happening. The crashing would continue, but the Trooper couldn't see anything. Soon, Bobo came slowly down the stairs behind Trooper.

''Whats going on?'' He'd rub his eyes.

''I don't know, but go back upstairs.'' Trooper reassured him that it'd be safer for him to stay upstairs. Bobo would go back upstairs but very slowly, and only took one step.

The crashing would stop. But someone's hand would wiggle the door handle. Trooper yelled out to whoever it was, ''Defect? Is that you?'' There would be no response. The door would creak open, revealing nobody to be there.

''Bobo, go upstairs and find a weapon.'' He'd whisper to Bobo, who would stand terrified at the sudden change in his words. He ran back upstairs and looked for anything that could harm the person at the door. He scrambled through Defect's belongings, and found a bat in the corner of the room. Perfect. He ran back downstairs but the person would still not have shown themself yet. Bobo would put his shoes on as Trooper walked back to the door, now with his armor on, and stepped outside. Bobo came out behind him.

''..J-Jard-?'' Trooper said, as he saw him standing there, completely emotionless, staring at them with his black, blank eyes. There would be 4 black octomau-like tentacles coming from his back, and he no longer had his hoodie on, instead, he stood with a white t-shirt, revealing the bloody bandages around his waist. He had  sharp- octomau like claws that covering half of his arms.

Bobo would brush the dirt off his pants, but stopped when he heard Jard's name. He stood there, terrified. He'd tighten the grip on the bat. The rain would soon come pouring down even harder, but Jard still didn't move, neither did Trooper or Bobo.

''W-What happened to you..?'' Bobo would ask, terrified as he stared at the now deadly and monstrous Jard. Suddenly, he would charge at the two, but Trooper would dodge the attack, making the infected Jard crash into the cabin's wooden wall.

''RUN!'' He yelled out, and Bobo, still holding onto the bat, began running with him. The infected Jard would chase after them. Bobo ended up tripping on a rock, and Jard had caught up to him and grabbed his shirt, making him drop his bat, and held him up close to him. ''J-Jard stop! You're hurting-'' Suddenly, he had dropped Bobo to the ground. Trooper had hit Jard in the stomach from the back with the bat, making him fall. As he ran over to Bobo, he picked him up and held him by his side.

After about a minute, Trooper switched the uncomfortable carrying position to a more enjoyable piggyback ride. (PIGGYBACK CARRY ANIMATION AGAIN!!) Trooper was strong and would probably carry anything that he wanted, and Bobo, he was just a feather to him.

Although all of what had just happened, Bobo was still trying to smile, but couldn't help but feel nothing but fear because of what Jard had turned into.

Trooper would start to slow down as he noticed Jard was no longer behind them. He let Bobo down onto the grass. He looked surprised that the piggyback ride didn't make Bobo even a slight bit happy, he was faking his smile, which he rarely had to do. Bobo seemed to be on the verge of tears.

''Hey, its okay. We'll figure it out.'' Trooper put a friendly hand on the boy's shoulder, attempting to make him feel better. But he didn't think it would work.

Bobo wouldn't say anything, he just stood there with nothing but the incident that just occurred, running through his head.

''Let's get to Galf's shop..'' said Trooper.

''But.. Jard has the watch.. we can't get there without it..''

''I know another way to get there, come on.'' The brave Trooper would start walking again, and soon Bobo would follow after him.

(762 words)