02.

Tears of humiliation flooded her vision.

It was all a plan. To humiliate her. She was about to leave when—

"She's with me."

"I'm sorry, I'm late."

Anika looked up in surprise. In front of her stood the most popular boy of their college. Shivaay Singh Oberoi. He was two years senior to her. She was a sophomore and he was in the final year.

He smiled at her. "She's here with me." He said to the waitress. The waitress looked surprised.

"Ma'am you should have said this before. I'm sorry to have you standing out here for so long." The waitress immediately led them towards the private section of the restaurant.

She turned to look at Shivaay dubious. Why was he doing this?

He caught her look and simply shrugged.

The waitress led them to their table. It was surrounded by fairy lights and heart shaped balloons. The table was decorated with rose petals and heart shaped candles.

She then left. Saying she'll be back when they're ready to order.

"I'll pay you back." She said.

"Don't worry it's on me." He said as he uncorked a bottle of champagne placed in the ice bucket at the table.

"If you're doing this out of pity—"

"Who said? You're the one helping me." He said taking a sip. He then filled another glass and handed her. She hesitantly took it, taking a small sip. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"You got stood up. And I got ditched. On valentine's day." She flinched at that.

"We both needed to get in but this restaurant's policy is to only lead couples in on this day. So, it kind of worked out for both of us." He explained.

"But your family owns this of course they would let you enter." She said.

"Do you think I would want to have dinner alone on this very particular day?" He asked.

She frowned shaking her head in no. "Oh" she muttered as she looked down.

"Don't worry. I'm not forcing you or anything. You can leave if you want. I just desire some company while having dinner." He said. He knew her self respect would be hurt that he was helping her out because of pity. Which was not true. She caught his attention. And he wanted to charm her. Hence he diverted the situation to himself. Which lifted her mood somewhat away from that she got stood up.