Prologue

Hey guys. So this is my first real update with characters and stuff, so I'll try not to make it so confusing or fast-going. Most of this story will be in Jace's POV, which is gonna be hard for me cause I'm a girl and he's a guy. The 'special' chapters with probably be in Lilly's POV. 

But anyways, go ahead and read.

><><><

Jace's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I wake up to my alarm screaming at me to wake up. I press the off button and sit up in my bed. My roommates must've already left since their beds are empty. (I shouldn't call them my roommates, we've known each other since sixth grade.) For awhile, I just sit there and think about pretty much anything- what clothes I should wear, how I'd fix my hair, what I'd do after my last class today. I finally get up and get ready to go. 

As I walk over, I notice a quite a few new faces to the campus- mostly freshman. A couple of girls giggle as I walk past them but I ignore it, knowing they only want me for my appearance. If they only knew what I could do to them. 

After getting my schedule from the front desk, I head to my first class. Dr. Wink, the English professor, has the most experience with me and knows me just about as well as my father should. I walk down the hall and wait a couple seconds standing in front of the door, just making sure I really want to be here today. 

Might as well grow some balls and just open the damn door, I think to myself. I slowly put my hand on the doorknob and twist. And right when I take a step in the classroom, Dr. Wink acknowledges my presence and starts talking to me in front of the class.

"James Baker! Great to see you here again. Let's hope you don't cause too much of a commotion this year, Mr. Baker." The professor informs.  Everyone here knows me as the troublemaker, the player, the smoker, the dealer- I could go on, but that would take up my time.

 "I'll be a pain in the ass just for you, Dr. Wink." I say as I go to sit in my normal seat near the back but I find a girl sitting there. She must be a freshman if she's sitting in my seat, everyone here knows that I sit in that exact seat. 

"What do you think you're doing, sitting in my seat? Go find another seat, peasant." I rudely say to the unknown being in my chair. She's attracting attention already and I smirk. More attention means more humiliation. She doesn't move a muscle. I notice she has earbuds in, so I reach down and tug them out of her ears. 

 "Ouch! A tap on the shoulder would've gotten my attention!" Peasant exclaims. She doesn't look up until after getting her earbuds in hand, and I'm already staring at her. She has that oh-shit-what-have-I-done look in nearly a second she makes eye contact with me. 

 "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I should've asked if this was someone's seat before I sat down. Oh my God-" She rambles on. 

"Shut the fuck up and go find a different seat, Peasant." I say spit at her and she hurries off quicker than I would've imagined she could. I smirk proudly and sit down in my seat. I give a couple of other people some nasty looks so they know I'm in control. Some nod and look away, some just keep staring. I can already tell that I'm going to be more powerful than last year, which is great. More power, more shit goes down.

><><><

After a very long day at college, I go straight to the local pub and get a couple drinks. Every bartender here knows I'm underage, but they give me a drink or two every few days. 

"So how was the first day of hell?" Alec asks while taking a seat by me. Alec Jones and I have know each other since sixth grade. We first met in a fight at the school playground. I can't even remember what the fight was about, but we had to spend the rest of the month in ISS with each other. It just went on from there.