Chapter Four

Hey guys. This is kind of a filler for some other information that you'll probably need to know later in the story. It may be boring but some of it will probably be slightly important. 

But anyways, go ahead and read.

><><><

Jace's POV

Today I'm opening the library so I have to be there by 6:30am. I've been working at both my jobs for about a week now, and they're actually more entertaining than I thought. Well, the library is not entertaining, but it's not uneventful either. It's entertaining at the recreational center is what I mean. I barely work cause there is next to no work and girls with great bodies are always working out. Call me a pervert, but we all know every guy would die to see girls at the gym.

The recreational center is closed due to reconstruction so that's why I'm opening. I usually work late nights, not early mornings. Early mornings and I don't mix very well. I tried to ask Mrs. Clare to let someone else do it, but she said no immediately.  I only had opened the library once before, so you could say I 'had this under control'.

I take out my phone and text Josh.

are u busy later? -jc

no. what u got planned? -j

gnna ask u some questions bout the girls on campus. -jc

idk much of them but ok. -j

I put my phone away as a couple people walk in. I try to look as welcoming as I could, probably scaring all three of them.

I ask them if they need help finding anything, the normal stuff librarians ask you about. They deny my help and glare at me. I find the book I'm currently reading and take out my bookmark. I usually don't read, but this is a pretty good book. It's called The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly. 

The rest of the morning goes by quick, mostly because no one came by besides those three people. Mrs. Clare walks in, looking extremely exhausted.

"Oh hey, Jace. How was your morning? Busy?" She said with a yawn.

"Actually, it was really mellow. Only three people came by." I said, putting my bookmark in.

"Oh really?! That's surprising. We're usually pretty busy in the mornings." She says. She picks up my book and inspects it. "This book is truly amazing. I loved every sentence of it. What part are you on?" 

"She just passed out at the fair. I find it hilarious that they actually had those shacks at fairs." I said with a chuckle. 

"Oh! That was one of my favorite parts of the book! My grandfather's father said he lived in one of those small shacks. He didn't actually live in it, but he would go in those so much he called it a second house to him. How do you like the book so far?" She tells me. 

"Oh, it's certainly one of my favorites now." I say with a smile on my face.

"Well, I've gotta get started on working. I'm sure Lillith will be here soon to cover your shift." Mrs. Clare says while walking away. Who's Lillith? I sure hope it isn't that one bitchy girl. The name would fit her though, Adam was actually involved with a different woman before Eve. The bible says that her name was Lilith, and she was so jealous of Eve. Long story short, Lilith eventually becomes a demon.

I hear the bell ring and turn to see who came in. That one girl. Yay.

"I'm here to cover your shift." She says to me with a look that can kill. Since Mrs. Clare said that some Lillith girl is gonna cover my shift, I assume this is Lillith.

"Lillith, right?" I ask her, trying my best to be nice.

"Yes, that is my name. Are you leaving now?" She puts her bag down on the counter and taps her foot impatiently.

"Okay, Lillith, what's your problem with me? What have I ever done to you?" I ask her, getting pretty offended by the attitudes she has been giving me.

"What have you done to me?! HA! You're very funny, Jace. You have done nothing except insult and humiliate me since day one, and you're asking what you've done to me?" She takes a shaky breath and gets ready to continue but I interrupt her before she starts to really cry.

"Hold on. I don't want you getting emotional right now. I've got somewhere to be." I say and start to walk away. I really hate when girls get emotional on purpose to make guys feel bad. I definitely don't want a girl like that in my life.

"Screw you, Jace!" I hear her say before I walk out the door of the library. I give her the bird through the window and give her my best 'eat shit' grin I've got.

><><><

I walk into the apartment and head straight for the fridge, like usual.

"Hey Jace," Josh says to me. "You open right now to talk about the girls on campus?" 

"Yeah. Let me finish making my snack real quick." I say to him as I take out the ingredients for a ham sandwich. I sit down and he starts talking.

"Like I said, I don't know much of the girls on campus but I might be able to help you." He says to me while drinking a Red Bull.

"Do you know a girl named Lillith? I don't know her last name, but she's a pain in the ass. I'm pretty sure she's a freshman. She's the same girl who sat in my seat in the English back in the first week." I take a bite out of the sandwich and go find a Red Bull for myself.

"Lilly Peters? That girl is a pain in the ass to you?!" Josh says while laughing his ass off.

"Is she supposed to be like that? A pain in the ass?" I say him in a very confused voice and put a hand on my neck.

"She's one of the biggest and shyest nerds I know of! Is she really the one ticking you off?!" He says, still laughing.

"Dude! Are you fucking serious?!" I exclaim, crushing my Red Bull and accidentally cutting my hand in the process.

"Woah, Jace. Calm down a bit. I'll help you be an asshole to her if you want." Josh says, finally calming down. 

"Nah, man. I got this." I say while heading out the door, my leather coat in my bleeding hand.

"James! Don't do any dumb shit!" I hear Josh call out as I speed walk towards the library.

><><><

Guys, I am very, very, very, very sorry I didn't update long ago. I had no idea what the hell I was thinking lmao. But I do plan on updating during our Thanksgiving break, which is next week. SO be expecting another chapter in the next week or so.

Until next update, have a blast with Prim. Hah ha oh my Jesus I need to go. (mixture of laughter and sobbing in the distance)