one. ripped skin

THE KNUCKLES OF the unknown woman were white, everything was in slow motion. Her fist slammed into Maisie's face causing her to drop to the ground at the hard hit. Maisie felt a body sit on her back so she screamed at the pain, then she felt hands slither into her hair and slam her face onto the dirt-covered ground. Maisie's vision went blurry for a second before she snapped out of her delusions, grabbed the knife a couple of inches away from her, and stabbed the woman's thigh. The scream echoed throughout the forest as Maisie turned her body and punched the woman as hard as she could.

She rushed to her feet almost immediately after pushing the unknown's body off of her. Maisie's hands began to move on their own as she sent a heavy punch to her enemy's cheek. The woman somehow kicked Maisie's stomach and threw her to the side. Everything was a blur now. Maisie's breath hitched and she began to cough. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she heard the woman scream, then she felt a hard punch hit her bruised cheek.

Warm blood covered Maisie's face. Some of it was her own, some of it was the blood dripping from the woman's knuckles. Maisie opened her eyes and caught the fist that the woman was about to throw, quickly grabbing and pulling out the knife that was in the woman's thigh before stabbing the unknown's stomach with a groan. The heavy weight on her body only made her bruised back worse. Maisie cut the woman's stomach open, guts and blood were flying everywhere as the body on top of her fell limp.

Maisie lays there for a while, the bright sun blazed down on her fiery hot skin while droplets of sweat flew down her forehead and collarbone. She sighed deeply, her bruised back hitting the ground when she relaxed her body causing her to let out a small yelp.

The limp body was getting heavy on Maisie, blood soaking into her blue muscle shirt so she used all the strength she had left in her and pushed the body to the side. Her breaths were heavy, panting her lungs out as she processed the last 10 minutes. She just got into a fight with a random woman who tried to kill her dog who was calmly lying down in the tent. That dog was all she had left. She was gonna protect that dog even if it killed her.

Maisie turned over on her stomach and pushed herself off the ground causing her to groan in pain. Her nose was bloody and it hurt to breathe, her arm had a huge cut on it, her shirt was ripped due to the large cut on her back, and she had a huge gash above her left eyebrow.

She wasn't worried about that, though. She was worried about moving the body so Maisie slightly bent over and grabbed the woman's leg before dragging her into the tall grass that surrounded her camp. Maisie's whistle echoed throughout the camp, and seconds later her dog ran outside the tent with a rope in his mouth. Maisie grabbed the rope and tied the rope to the tree and the person. She'd have to kill it later when she cared about it.

Maisie was slowly dragging her feet towards her tent so she could fix herself up and find a new place to put her stuff because this one was obviously too out in the open. It's not like she wasn't gonna move her camp anyway, she was looking for her brother and sister. She set up her tent in different locations every 4 days.

Her sister left a couple of months before the apocalypse started and her brother ran away two days before. Her brother couldn't have been far, but her sister definitely was.

Maisie opened her tent, allowing her dog to go first before she followed after. She sat down on the chair that was in her tent, opened the medical bag that she had, and started to get ready to stitch her wounds up.

She was so focused on cleaning her wounds that she didn't hear anyone walking towards her tent. Her dog did, though. His ears raised, Maisie shrugged it off because she thought it was the skin eater outside because she heard the growling start.

Maisie continued to stitch the wound above her eyebrow, she was almost finished. The dog slowly stood up, his growling low causing Maisie to look down at him. She slightly furrowed her eyebrows but immediately wincing at the pain. She finished stitching the wound before placing her medical supplies back in the bag, walking over to her duffel bag, grabbing a white muscle shirt, and putting it on after taking her blue shirt off.