Chapter Twenty-Two

Follow me in my other social media accounts:

- Facebook Account: Marple Dame & Marple Dame II

- Facebook Group: MARPLE DAME Stories

- Facebook Page: Yours Truly by Lady On The Next Cubicle

See ya!

👠👠👠👠👠

THE ENVELOPE!

He looked at her with face devoid of any emotion. "Prima Nova?"

Her heart slowly but loudly thumping against her chest. "D-Dash, we'll be late." Inabot niya ang kamay rito para ibigay sa kaniya ang sobre.

"It's your agency, right? What's in it?" tanong nito.

She forced a smile. "L-Let's talk about that after the dinner, okay? We don't want to keep them waiting."

Dash was intently staring at her – trying to see if she's lying or not.

Napapikit siya nang mariin nang niyuko uli nito ang sobre at nilabas doon ang sulat.

Dumaan ang ilang minuto bago ito nagsalita. "It says here that your suspension is lifted and you can resume your post in Prima Nova – U.S.A."

Dahan-dahan siyang nagmulat ng mga mata. Facing Dashiel requires an amount of effort because right now, she can literally feel the pressure of his sharp stare. "Dash..." Umiling siya. "N-Not now. Please."

"This was dated a week ago." He looked upwards as he realized something. "Liam didn't come here to visit you. He came here to deliver this. Am I correct?"

"Dash, the guests are waiting—"

"...and they can fucking wait, Yui." He said with a low but dark tone in his voice. He was suppressing his anger. "Have you come up with a decision yet?"

Akmang hahablutin niya ang sobre nang madali lang nito iyon naitaas palayo sa kaniya. "Dashiel!" Hindi niya napigilan ang sariling sumigaw dala nang takot – hindi sa lalake, kundi sa relasyon nilang dalawa.

"Have you come up with a decision?" Pag-uulit nito. He looked down at her. "Yui." It was more of a demand than a question.

Yumuko siya at kinagat ang ibabang labi. Tinatagan niya ang sarili at sinalubong uli ang nagbabaga nitong mga tingin. " I-I haven't," she confessed. Her voice cracks under mixed emotions she's feeling that moment. "I haven't... d-decided yet."

"You haven't because you don't know."

Umiling siya.

"Hindi mo pa sinagot kasi hindi mo alam kung anong isasagot mo."

"Dash—" She stopped before weaving another denial again. She hasn't responded yet because, he's right, she doesn't know what to answer.

He sarcastically laughs as he rubs his chin. "Are you being serious right now?" He smiles as if the idea was a joke. "Really?"

"Listen—" Hahawakan na sana niya ang kamay nito nang iniwas nito iyon.

"You don't know what to tell them?" There is accusation on his voice. "What the hell, Yui..." Namula ito sa galit. "If I were in your shoes..." nangangalaiti nitong saad. "...I won't think twice choosing you!"

Pumikit siya at tahimik na umiyak.

"Why? Have you considered leaving me again?" Parang pinunit ang puso ni Yui nang marinig iyon. She can sense more pain in his tone this time.

Tinakpan niya ang bibig at umiling. "That's not what i-it means, D-Dash—"

"Then what in the world stops you from rejecting them?!" Pumunit sa katahimikan ng paligid ang sigaw nito.