24| A father's love

We're almost at 500 views!!!
_______

As the night fell upon the Maratha Dynasty, Radha made her way back to her room as everyone had eaten dinner. Her brother and sister in law had left hours before.

It would be a total lie if she said she didn't feel good after seeing her brother. She was glad he visited it was up most needed, it felt like a weight was thrown off of her shoulders and she was free to run. Yet, the news of her father's death was still hurting her from the inside. She was still a little bit in her saddened state.

As Radha set the bed she saw Krishnaji come inside the room with a letter in his hand. Smiling she stood up straight as krishnaji approached him.

"Abba-saheb yetait udya" Krishnaji informed as Radha gave him a glass of water.

(Father is coming tomorrow)

"Ani he patra?" Radha asked as she sat beside him.

(And this letter?)

"He tumchai"

(This is yours)

"Amcha? pan amhala kon patra patvel?" Radha asked.

(Mine? But who would send me a letter?)

"Kai ho Radha, tumcha bhavani tar dilela tumhala, tumhi visru kasha shakta?" Krishnaji said keeping the glass away.

(Come one Radha, your own brother gave it to you. How could you forget?)

Radha realised what krishna ji was talking about and took the letter from his hands.

She opened it and read what was in it.

Majhi lahanshi Radhika,

He patra Tula mirala manje ata mi tumcha sobat nahi. Pailetar mala maff kar, Tula na sangta mi nighun gelo. Pan, me pan Kai kela asta.

Tusha abba mhanun boltoi, zar tu ashi radat Ani rusun baslis na mag mi swargat pai pan nahi thevnar.

Radhika, tu Chhatrapatinchi sun ahe. Zar Chhatrapatinchi sun ashi radat basli tar swarajachya baki sunnancha Kai? Tu tyancha sathi ek guru hais, Tula bagun tyanchat Shakti yete. Radhika, sunnana ek kup mothi javabdari aste, Ani ti manje swaraja sathi mavranna janma daichi. Tula yencha sathi majbut, swatantra, Ani samjuddar asla pahije.

Radhika, swaraja sathi marna he sawbhagya chi gosta hai, ani zar tusha abbanna hai saubhagya bhetlai tar Tula radat basaicha Kai haka? Tu udyachi Rani ahe. Swatala sambhal Ani fude swarajalahi!

- tushe abba

(My dear Radhika,

You've gotten this letter means that I am no more. First, please forgive me I went away without informing you.

I'm saying this as your father, if you've been crying and all I swear to your mother i won't step a foot in heaven. I've written this letter for you.

Radhika, you're a daughter in law of the king, if the kings daughter in law keeps crying like this how do you think this will affect the other daughter in law's of swaraj? Daughter in law's should be strong and not emotional, they have the most important responsibility of raising swordsmen for swaraj. And these daughter in law's look up to you, you are their motivation, their mentor. If you would shut the doors and become a cry baby what motivation will they get? Your also the rising queen of swaraj, your responsibility lies with the people of this kingdom. You should be strong, independent, brave, knowledgeable and understanding.

Radhika, dying for swaraj is great luck. And who are you to be sad at your father's luck? What right do you have to be sad for your father's luck?. Your the rising queen you should take care of swaraj and yourself
-your abba )

After reading the letter radha could not stop smiling as a tear left her eye. The letter was the most simplest letter she had ever read. It was not emotional either it was filled with motivation.

Krishnaji hugged Radha sideways trying to give some comfort.

Radha folded back the letter and hugged Krishnaji finding comfort in his embrace.

Her father's love for her was evident in the letter, even though it might just be of few words. Her father was like every other, everytime he would be home from war he made sure to bring something for Radha. Even though after her mother's death, her father did not even for a second let her feel like her mother had left her.

He successfully fulfilled the duty of a father and a mother. He was strict like a father and soft like a mother. He had a dementor of a father yet still had an  understanding aura around him like a mother.

Her abba was right, her father had fitted the golden opportunity to die for swaraj what right did she have to be sad over it.

Swaraj is not just a kingdom but another name for justice itself. Here, no one was forced to change their religion, no women were disrespect. This land was almost the land of gods and who would argue it wasn't. This land was built by God himself, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. The God that Radha believe would never be forgotten even if the would was to end.

And only a fool would think dying for swaraj is an act of the foolish. Who wouldn't die for swaraj, it may not be comparable to the land of Shri ram but it was almost the same as one.

For being Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, lived the life of Shri Krishna but made a kingdom same as the one of Shri ram.

Radha was now proud that her father died for swaraj, it isn't easy for people to just give off their lives for a mere piece of land but her father was the devotee of the great Chhatrapati and her father died for it.

For the most part, Radha was glad to be born in the hand of her parents. Even though they might not be here, their sanskar their values their morals and their teaching will always be alive with her.

As both Krishnaji and radha went back to sleep Radha did not for get to thank her krishn for all that he had given her.

______________________________________

What's next?
______________________________________

Read to find out!

To be continued...

Next chp: Hirkani Buruj