𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

"Seher Ali Shah, kya aap ko yeh nikah qubool hai?" The Kazi's voice resonated, and I felt a chill run through my body

My instincts screamed to flee, but I was paralyzed by the weight of the moment.

I was getting married to a monster!

I didn't even notice when the nikah started; I was zoned out.

For how long?

I can't.

No.

No.

I can't.

I started shivering, wanting to run away.

A lady approached me, whispering menacingly in my ear, "Say 'yes' quickly, or what happens to your grandmother will be terrible."

Terror surged through me, knowing they could do anything.

I couldn't risk my grandmother's life.

Lost in my thoughts, I felt her grip tighten painfully on my wrist.

"Say it," she demanded.

"Leave my hand," I pleaded, writhing in pain.

Her grip tightened further, and I whimpered, "I'll say it, just leave my hand."

As soon as I said it, she released me and stepped back.

The Kazi repeated, "Seher Ali Shah, kya aap ko yeh nikah qubool hai?"

Without a moment's hesitation, I replied, "Qubool hai."

I was lost in my thoughts, so when the lady tapped on my shoulder, I said, "Qubool hai."

I repeated it one more time, each utterance feeling like a part of me was dying.

The lady handed me the nikah papers, her eyes full of unspoken sympathy. My hands trembled as I took the pen, each stroke feeling like a leaden weight on my heart.

With every letter I scrawled, a piece of my spirit seemed to wither away. The room around me blurred, and a profound emptiness settled in my chest, hollowing out any remnants of hope.

As I finished signing, a solitary tear traced a path down my cheek, mingling with the ink that marked the end of a dream.

As I snapped out of my daze, I heard the Kazi ask him, and he responded, "Qubool hai." The familiarity of his voice shocked me.

It was him.

I am not hallucinating.

It's him.

Aziz?

As the pardah was taken down, I looked at him.

The one with that distinctive watch on his wrist.

The watch that he always wore.