five. take a chance on me

✩⁂★⁂✩                "Are you still a mind reader?                      A natural scene stealer

                "Are you still a mind reader?
                     A natural scene stealer.
                 I've heard great things Peter,
             But life was always easier on you."
Peter, Taylor Swift
                                 ✩

"Since you want to be the leader so bad, and you're so fucking good at it, where should we start off? And um... are we supposed to bow or something to queen Libby? " Devin said sarcastically doing a quick bow, trying to make his point. He raised up slowly to give them a "good show".

"Don't be a fucking asshole, aren't you still like the main suspect, how the hell are you still walking free?" Jen snapped, she didn't necessarily like Libby, but Viola was one of her close friends and she knew Libby was her best friend before she went missing.

"I'm the asshole? You're all just assuming I did something to him, and why the hell would I? What good would that do me or my family?" Devin and his family struggled with the backlash of the rumers that tarnished his name.

"Because you're entitled and could get away with it, you basically have already." Jen said, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks but just wait till I go missing. Then you'll see." Devin almost counted on it. Deep down he just felt like he would be one of the next victims.

"Not funny. Let's all just stop. We're all here because someone we are either close to or know went missing. And you're here because you need to prove a point. So we should stop arguing and get to it. If Libby wants to lead she can lead. Lets just fucking get to it" Stephen spoke, suprising everyone. He was just tired of the arguing. He just wanted to actually do something to get his friend back.

"But didn't you start this shit? Shouldn't you be the leader?" Devin raised his eyebrows staring in his eyes meticulously , taking in every single thing about him. Its like he just knew how he felt. This 'jerk' or atleast the guy everyone called a 'jerk' felt like he could read Stephens mind, like he was saying his thoughts aloud, like they were almost connected.

He hated this feeling. He hated opening up to someone, really opening up to someone, and if he could see Stephen so clearly he feared that he could see the same, if not more.

"If he wants to lead he can lead." Libby said, feeling the need to defend herself from Devin's shit talking.

"I could care less who leads, like I've said fifty times You just don't seem to get it, do you? Your whole life you've been given everything you want. You have two parents that would do anything for you. They would even cover this up." Stephen looked down at the ground, surprised himself that he was even talking to someone this way.

Stephen knew nothing about Devins home life. Devin didn't have a single real friend, much less someone who knew the reality. He loathed his dad, a power hungry workaholic who couldn't give two shits about him, and his mother who was almost the exact same. They practically abandoned their duties as parents the moment he started walking.

"Yeah, like my parents have even been here since all this shit happened? Which you wouldn't even know cause none of you know shit about me. " He practically yelled earning a "Shhh!" and a dirty look from the librarian.

"Sorry." Was all Stephen could manage to mutter. He was so ashamed of himself. He was supposed to be the "good" guy, the guy anyone could look up to, instead he just felt like a fake. He was usually the nicest guy on campus, its why he was so liked by everyone, but the disapearances changed everything, and everyone.

"Okay well let's start with what we know. Just shout them out, i'll write them down." Vienna the usually laid back guy spoke in order to prevent the conversation from becoming an infinite loop of arguments, except he was anything but laid back so it all came out a bit shaky. he was a bundle of emotions, and just completely and utterly on edge. His sister, the person he cared about over anyone else in the whole entire world was just gone without any explanation.

Though Libby wasn't in any better state than him she offered to write it down instead. She was almost scared that he would faint.

"Five are missing so far." Penelope began after glancing at her notebook. She wrote everythiung down. "The disappearances are random but obviously planned as they're carried out at different parts of the day and there have been no witnesses or slip ups. We can only assume that this is someone with intelligence and experience. They have most likely done this before, and will do it again very soon." She recited as if she was Spencer Reid himself.

Libby had doubts on whether what she said was true, as no one really had the experience to profile this psychopath, afterall they were just kids, but she wrote everything she said down on the board anyways.

"What are you? An FBI profiler? Since when is this 'Criminal Minds'?" Ellie asked.

"We've actually been watching a lot of 'Criminal Minds' recently which really does not help the situation." Jen spoke up for her, though she was perfectly capable of speaking up for herself. This is one of the things she loved about Jen.

"That's not really important." Penny muttered, feeling like an absolute nerd.

"Who knew that the pageant queen had such a big brain, too bad she wastes it staring at herself in the mirror." Devin said, for no reason other than being mean.

"Fuck you asshole." She flipped him off and Jen was about ready to fight him when Stephen interrupted at the very last second, her fist about to fling at Devin's face.

"Devin, this is not helping your case at all." Stephen stepped out in front of him, in attept to reason with him. "The sooner you stop throwing stupid insults the sooner we find them, and the sooner your'e proven innocent."

"Right. We want to help, but you are making it super hard." Libby showed a fake smile.

"Okay then here. I'll contribute to the group." Devin stood up and walked to the librarian who was still mad at him for yelling not long before. "Look Mrs. Keller, we know this is supposed to be up to the police but they aren't doing anything. Can we please look up the checkout logs of books for all of the victims of the disappearances to see if they came here the day they went missing and at what time. Maybe we could find a pattern."

"The adults need to handle this." The librarian said, her thick glasses moving on the bridge of her nose. She was an older woman in her mid fifties with brown hair that she dyed, and a small figure.

"Please. they will refuse to help." He pleaded.

"Okay, but tell no one. I could get in trouble for helping all of you."

"Tell no one what?" He acted as if he had forgotten what he had asked her.

"Perfect, now who do you want me to look up first?"

"Charlie. Charlie Prescott."

A/N: okay so i know it's been a really long time since ive posted anything, especially this. i told you guys I wasn't done with this story yet and i meant it! i'm not even sure if anyone that has a character in this story is even still on wattpad, but if you are, i hope you enjoy this short little filler chapter before the real thing happens. also dark red is so tdpd coded.

tags: (sorry) SisterOfCirce aqolonio killerrctz Rottedriots @rysunno