four. meeting in session

✩⁂★⁂✩    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange

                                  ✩
    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange.
     I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away."
                    Little Dark Age, MGMT
                                 ✩

     Vienna had no idea where his sister went. The last time he had even heard from Viola, who was busy with her own life, was the daily morning check up text before classes.

After the panicked call to his parents they called the police, but to them she was just another missing person that they wouldn't ever find.

It was official. Viola was missing and just like when the first person Libby cared about disappeared out of her life she was a mess, with paper, clothes and all of the belongings she had from Viola scattered on her dorm room floor.

"Libby? Are you in here?" Ellie knocked on her door, looking a little better than the last time Libby had seen her. It had only been a day, but she pulled herself together to be there for her friends.

"No." She said, obviously giving away that she was, letting Ellie come in anyways. .

"What happened in here?" Ellie took a look around the disasterous room.

"I was searching for clues. I feel like such an idiot."

"It wasnt your fault." She tried to comfort her, to of course no avail.

"I left her alone because I was too scared to go out of my room, and now she's gone and it is, it's all my fault." She sat at the foot of her bed, nearly curled in a ball.

"No one thinks it is, not me, not Vee, or their parents. They already have a few suspects, and see youre not one of them."

  "Who?"

  "Right now they have one main suspect, he was the last one to be seen with Charlie."

  "But I was the last to see Via"

  "Right now they don't know that... And it's different..."

   "How? How is that any different?"

  "It was Devin. Devin Navarro, and he may be on of the biggest assholes in school."

  "An asshole is one thing, but a kidnapper? They really think he could be capable of something like that?"

  Ellies silence was an indicater enough.

  "And do you?" Libby asked her face to face, she thought she was crazy for even thinking that.

  "I mean... who else could do that?"

   "For one an adult? I mean how many teenagers are we at now? Five? How could someone our age get away with something like this?"

   "Well for one the justice system doesnt give a fuck. The cops havent done anything."