Chapter 12; What Love

Mike was 28 years old, he was Derik's older brother. He was 6 '2 and had Black wavy hair and black eyes. He really loved Derik but they were rarely hanging out, so after he was announced dead Mike regretted not hanging out with him as much. He is now over it and owns an ice cream shop. He was already married with a pregnant wife. Derik's parents were devastated when they heard Derik died but his father wasn't as shocked as his mother, they were both always drinking, his mother had anger problems but she still cared for her kids. Once Derik passed high school he moved out. His brother Mike stayed with his parents because no one had the money for the bills so Mike would help out. Once Mike proposed his dad died the same day of the wedding. Mike found out after the wedding and was so stressed that day. His wife was there for him and his mom left and married another guy. Their life was very stressful but Derik was selfish like his mom, he just wanted to run away from his problems. He avoided everyone and just focused on his life. He wanted to move in with Adam who was his only friend, he wanted to have that friend life he watched from tv shows. He was an introvert so he was bad at making friends. Adam was always an extrovert so he would make so many friends. This was a problem for him because he wasn't able to pass any of his classes. When he saw how smart Derik was he decided to ask for help from him. Mike went to a different school, he would sometimes try to pick up Derik from his school but instead Derik would ignore him and keep talking with his friends. Mike was like his father before he became an alcoholic, he was kind, supportive but introverted. Right now Mike's wife is Iva, they met after university. Mike wanted to be a doctor and Iva wanted to own an ice cream shop but she never knew how to. Instead of being a doctor Mike decided to buy her a Ice cream shop and work with her. He really loved her, he had no one else. He wanted to go out with his wife because they haven't in a while. That night they were both sitting at a table ordering food. In the meantime Derik was going to the same restaurant Alyssa picked. Samuel made him dress nicely because this was his first date with anyone ever. Derik didn't want to go but he went anyway. Alyssa was running a little late, she was finishing up her makeup. She liked Adam but at the same time she always liked Derik. After she heard of Derik's death she was very sad and wished she confessed sooner. Derik reached the restaurant and sat at a random table. What he didn't know was that Mike sat a few tables away. At first Mike didn't notice him. Derik waited 15 minutes and Alyssa finally arrived.

"What a waste of time." Derik sighed. He didn't want to make eye contact with Alyssa because he didn't want to gain feelings again.

"Sorry, you look well dressed." Alyssa said.

"Yeah sure, you do too." Derik said. He lowered his gaze and wanted to just get it over with.

"You haven't even looked at me, is something wrong?" Alyssa said. A waiter came to them,

"Hi, may I take your order?" The waiter said.

"Just get me water, I will be right back." Derik said as he got up and while he went to the restroom Mike noticed him,

"He reminds me a lot of my brother." Mike thought to himself as he gazed off. Iva noticed,

"Honey?" Iva said.

"Sorry, I need to use the restroom." Mike said as he got up and walked to the restroom. Derik was leaning on the wall on his phone. He saw Mike walk in and hoped he didn't recognize him.

"What is he doing here? I don't want to even think about him right now." Derik said. Mike walked up to Derik,

"H-hello." Mike said.

"Hi?" Derik said.

"Sorry, you just look familiar." Mike said.

"Well I don't know you, you have the wrong person." Derik said he walked out of the restroom and went straight back to the table. He started fidgeting with his phone. Mike also went back to his table, he was interested in who Derik was. His attitude was more rude than he remembers his brother would act like. He glanced at Derik, even though his hair cut was different.