Chapter 2; Let the fun began

Derik never forgot that day, his heart was filled with anger and his brain wanted nothing but revenge. He then looked outside the box, he was just being greedy again.

"I want that job, I want Alyssa, HOW DID HE BECOME BETTER THAN ME!!? I TAUGHT HIM AND I EVEN HELPED HIM ON EXAMS! HE JUST STOLE EVERYTHING I LOVED AND WALKED AWAY?" Derik thought. "I will not think of someone like that as a friend, I should just isolate, it's the best for me." He thought again. He locked all doors, closed all windows and put some headphones on, the sound of nature really soothed him. Alyssa remembered she forgot her jacket so she called Derik a few times if he could bring it over, there was no answer, he just ignored them and fell asleep. Alyssa then called Adam to see if he can check on Derik, maybe he can bring it over. Adam tried and couldn't get any contact from Derik. Alyssa really needed the jacket because she was going out that night and it would be really cold. Adam heard that and right before she went out he met her and gave her his jacket,

"I know Derik won't respond, he is probably out like you, so you can just borrow mine." Adam said.

"You came all the way here to give this to me?" Alyssa said.

"Why not? I can't let you walk around in the cold." He answered.

"Oh wow, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, thank you so much." She said happily.

"Of course, have a good night out." He said.

"Thank you, I will see you soon." She replied

"Sure, bye." He said smiling, he turned and walked to Derik's house. Adam wasn't always a gentleman but he really cared about women, Alyssa is his only girl best friend so of course he treats her like a queen. His mother raised him right, and so did his father even though he was always busy with work, he always taught Adam the way of money. After that when he was 10 they already gave him a 100 dollar budget to spend a day! Adam had a rough life now, he rarely sees his father and his mother is just a housewife so they rarely notice him, he didn't mind that, he just liked noticing others, that's all. Derik had strict parents but they were really kind and poor. He hated it, that is why he moved out on his 18th birthday. Now back to the story. Derik's dog woke him up, he then smiled and decided to take him for a walk.

"Ah, I think this is just what I needed." He said as he took a nice deep breath. Smelling the nice air. Then he bumped into Adam.

"Hey, Derik, I was just on my way to see you." Adam said

"Great, I was just about to feel better until you showed up." Derik said, crossing his arms.

"I was checking up on you, is everything alright?" Adam said, concerned, he put his hand on Derik's shoulder.

"Oh, so you don't know, huh?" Derik said as he dropped the dog's leash and pushed Adam, "Are you really that stupid?" He said in anger.

"Is it my new job or walking Alyssa home?" Adam asked, confused.

"Something much more than that. YOU STOLE MY LIFE!" Derik said.

"What? Just because of Alyssa and the job? You know I wouldn't do that on purpose, actually I sent an email to my boss to see if you could join in." Adam said, scratching his head.

"Wait, you did that for me?" Derik said, calming down.

"Why shouldn't I? You are the reason why I am where I am now. " Adam smiled.

"Oh wow then, I am sorry for doubting you." Derik said nervously.

"No I totally get it, it's fine, brothers for life." Adam said. Derik then did a handshake with Adam, forgiving each other. A car came by and then Derik's dog got ran over. The driver got away and didn't notice.