Chapter 7

"Almost there darling...I think I hear shouting...we can do it" Victor continued to encourage his wife whose pain seemed to grow more and more with each step so he tried to get a tighter grip on her waist to take more weight off her ankle.

"What would I have done if I would have been stuck in here alone?" Nikki said looking up at her husband "I couldn't have made it out without you"

"I think you have it backwards my baby...I wouldn't have made it out without you" Victor replied.

"Victor look" Nikki giggled when she realized they had made it to the exit "We made it! We did it!" Nikki seemed to forget about her pain as she tried to urge Victor on but Victor had stopped "What is it darling?" Nikki asked with a worried look on her face.

"I know this sounds absolutely terrible but I'm thankful that this building collapsed...because had it not we might not have been able to get passed our stubborn prides and discuss what really happened and work things out...and I know that we have other things to talk about and work through but we made it to a turning point towards saving our marriage and I couldn't be happier...so as weird as it may sound I'm thankful because I don't think I could have survived losing you again...I love you Mrs. Nikki Newman, always and forever" Victor told her.

"Oh my darling, it isn't weird because I had thought the same thing...although I hate it took something so extreme it did save our marriage and for that I will always be thankful because I don't think I could have survived losing you again...I love you Mr. Victor Newman, always and forever" Nikki replied with tears in her eyes. Taking advantage of their last moment alone before they would be attacked with questions and poked and prodded by medics, Victor pulled Nikki in for a long, passion-filled kiss.

Both pulled away breathless then wrapped themselves up in each other's arms and headed out the exit.