Down she went

Sirens, sirens, and sirens. My dad was gone all the time so he didn't notice. He was now trying to beat the secret afterlife association (S.A.A) Who murdered anyone who got in their way of taking over all of society with robots. I walked in my mom's room to give her dinner and there she laid. In a pool of her own blood. She shot herself. She left a note that read I'm sorry I was a failure for you Airianna and Dylan. I just wasn't happy anymore. Please forgive me. Love your dearest mother. That's all she wrote. I couldn't even say I love you. I called the police and I heard them break down the door. My dad wasn't there. She was already gone. No sign of life. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who went to her funeral. I ended up getting a small job for deep cleaning people's houses. It didn't pay very well. It got me enough to get therapy. Her name was Maddie. She was my best friend.. yet alone my only friend.

She helped me when my dad wasn't there. When I needed him most he was working trying to "save the world" while I did things I shouldn't. I ran away, got tattoos, hurt myself, did drugs, smoked, and drank. I tried to stop so I didn't end up like my mom but I couldn't. I was 15 by then. Maddie was 29 but she still acted like a kid with me. She understood me. "Anna? Did you take your pills?" She asked me. I loved when people called me Anna but nobody does anymore because I'm all alone. "I don't wanna take these dumb pills anymore I just wanna be happy. I need so many pills... 18 DIFFERENT PILLS!!!" I lashed out. I smacked Maddie. She left the room without saying a word and I saw the tears running down her face. She didn't speak to me for 3 months after that. It's currently 2068 and it hasn't even been that long but I can't stand the fact I can't see them again. Maddie talked to me again after that and really helped me. I quit drinking and smoking but the drugs couldn't stop.

One night I was laying in bed half asleep crying, thinking about how I'll never see my mom again when something tapped on my window. It was a boy around my age, he looked familiar but I couldn't quite tell who it was. He said his name was Cody. He asked why I stopped going to school after kindergarten and I told him everything and he hugged me tight and told me "Look I've liked you since kindergarten and I've seen you walking around town, I've wanted to talk to you but I couldn't. I really like you will you be my girl." "I- yes" I cried. Saying yes was the worst decision of my life.