Yokohama Gangster Paradise

"It's too fuckin' early for this..." Momoko said as she flicked the ashes of her morning cigarette into the nearby ashtray before sipping her coffee as Junichirou vehemently apologized for deceiving Atsushi.

She allowed her head to lull back against the booth and towards the bar where Dazai and Kunikida were sitting. Tuning out the exchange between Atsushi and Junichirou Momoko found herself amused with watching Kunikida kicking Dazai, who was swaying back and forth like a lovestruck idiot.

Naomi's loud voice pulled her attention back to their table. "God Naomi...you're bolder than me...and I'm a part-time stripper." Momoko said out loud, intending only to think it. 

Silence befell the cafe and Momoko noticed. She looked at the shocked faces of her coworkers and burst out laughing. "Are y'all seriously shocked by that?! Kunikida, how many times have you yelled at me for answering my door in the nude because I'm too lazy to get dressed?" Momoko inquired earning a sigh from the bespeckled man.

"Too. Damn. Many..." He grumbled.

"Momoko, I'm wounded!" Dazai sighed dramatically as he held a hand over his heart. "Kunikida gets to see you nude but I don't? I had no idea you were so cruel!"

Momoko rolled her eyes as a smirk played on her lips. "Dazai, honey...if you wanna see me naked just knock on my door between the hours of 'I should probably go the fuck to sleep and It's too fucking early for this shit'." Momoko laughed as she snuffed out her cigarette butt.

Momoko practically gagged as Naomi began borderline screwing her brother. Atsushi opened his mouth to say something only to be interrupted by Kunikida telling him to drop the subject if he knew what was good for him.

"Now that you've joined our ranks, you should try and act accordingly...UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE AROUND HERE!!! I work to uphold the agency's good name" Kunikida shouted at the sibling and cast a slight glare at Momoko who simply smiled and gave him the middle finger.

"We're all committed to that goal, at least...most of us are. Right Dazai?" all eyes turned to Dazai who was currently tracing designs on the waitress's palm.

"Would you strangle me with these beautiful, delicate hands?" He inquired, earning a clobbering from Kunikida.

Atsushi watched the scene unfold with an unsure expression. "You'll get used to it...trust me." Momoko reassured him as she polished off the strawberry milkshake she had ordered with her coffee.

"I was wondering...What did the two of you do before joining the Agency?" Atsushi asked. turning his gaze to the two bickering detectives.

"Take a guess. It's a game we play frequently...the newcomer tries to guess our previous professions. Think of it as training to become a private detective." Dazai encouraged. 

"Hmm...I wanna say Junichirou and Naomi were...students. Same with Momoko." Atsushi answered earning two nods and a nope." 

"You're right about them being students but I actually graduated a year ago. Up until four months ago, being a stripper was my only job." Momoko corrected as she placed the stem from the cherry on her tongue and deftly tied it in a knot using just her tongue.

"Not bad, Atsushi!" Dazai praised before asking what Atsushi thought Kunikida was.

"NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT I USED TO BE, ALRIGHT!!" 

"REOWW! Kitty gots claws." Momoko joked as Atsushi pondered for a moment. "An official...OH, did he hold a government job?" 

"Close. He was a public school teacher and he taught mathematics to be exact."

"I can picture that actually..." Atsushi said after a moment causing Momoko to laugh as her third milkshake was placed in front of her. "That's what I said when I found out he was a teacher." She said, boisterously.