VIII - The kiss

Annabelle

I haven't recovered. My lips quiver whenever I think of it, he had kissed me. I was just trying to hang up more laundry up the tree. WHAT AM I GONNA DO. THATS IT. I RUN AWAY. IM SURE THERES ANOTHER TREE WITH A CONVENIENT SIZED HOLE FOR ME TO BUILD A HOUSE IN. ILL GO PACK NOW.

" Anna? " I was flying and heard his voice. It shocked me so much I crashed into his nose. He didn't wince in pain or anything, just took me off his nose. He held me in cupped palms, I kept my head down and tried not to make eye contact.

" did something happen a few days ago because you've been distant ever since "

" NO " I squeaked and jumped out of his hands. I flew right into my house and flew to the very top of the tree, aka my closet. I think he's going to his house because it suddenly went quiet. May as well change into pyjamas.

Jaxx

" come on Anna just tell me " I walked into her house and looked for her. Ever since that ice cream made me sick, she's been distancing. I remember taking her home, then waking up in the air somehow. I was flying home. I don't know how I ended up in the air but I went along with it and flew home.

I went up the stairs case leading to a room I've never been to and threw open the door. That's when I saw her. Annabelle, nothing on, her body was half turnt, I could only see her bare skin, she had a dress in her hands she was about to put on, so it covered her front side as she held it in front of her. I could see her curves from here though. Her hair did cover her rear so the only thing I could logically see was her side. Time had froze. I was in the hallway staring upon her body, while she almost seemed to react in slow motion. She shrieked then screamed something.

" YOU HORRID WOMANISER I HATE YOU SO MUCH " she ran towards me and slammed the door. I could hear her crying on the other side of the door.

" Ann- "

" GO HOME " she shrieked through tears so I did the only logical thing. I kicked down the door and went inside. She was curled up in a ball on the other side of the room. She noticed I entered the room and looked almost scared. She had put on a night dress at least so I stormed over and grabbed her wrist to pull her into a hug.

" LET ME G- " I held her tighter as she screamed. She began balling heavily in my grasp. " let me go Jaxx please " I held her even tighter, she was shaking so much, just like the first time I met her, fearing that rat king. I placed her on the floor and found some sort of bath robe thing she could put on so we could talk properly. She wore it in an instant so i picked her up again. She simply cried into my chest while I found somewhere to sit with her.

" I'm sorry Anna, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything I just wanted you to feel better. Please forgive me and tell me what the problem is "

" the problem is that you were sick and you did somethin- " she mumbled this through sniffles and kept her head down. she kept her head down as the tears began to cease and I began more curious.

" I did what? " I was about to inquire further when she grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in, our lips met. I was so shocked i felt my eyes widen. She pulled away immediately and looked into my eyes.

" YOU DIDNT TELL ME YOU WERE DYING JAXX AND I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT WHEN YOU DONT LIKE ME LIKE THAT "  she began balling and drying her eyes. WHAT.

" what does kissing mean in fairy law? "

" it's only happens when someone is dying to say goodbye, if you were dying you could've told me " she began to cry harder and i understood. I confessed to her when i was sick and she misunderstood.

" look kissing dosent mean anything like that in dragon language and I'm not dying Anna " I used a claw to brush hair hair out of her face and took her outside. I grew to my normal height with her in my hands and looked upon her tear stained cheeks. That's when I used my thumb to stroke her head, she cried harder and hugged my thumb with all of her might.

" so what does it mean "

" it means love "

" you said that already "

" the type of love that married fairy couples have " I explained as best as i could, she still tilted her head. I'm really gonna have to go that point. I took in a huge breath and looked at her.

" Anna I love you to the point I want to live with you and marry you one day " her eyes lit up as I explained this to her gently. Her cheeks glowed gently and I smiled at her.

" I love you so flipping pancakes much Anna " I brought her to my lips and kissed her. I smothered her multiple times with kisses, she was holding still patiently. I finished after around a minute then looked at her.

" Will you be mine Anna? " I pleaded but she stood up and hugged my lips with an answer I will never forget.

" I'm already yours Jaxx "