Who Confesses

Damon: Him. Damon had been avoiding you for days, unable to reconcile his tumultuous feelings. But tonight, under the moonlit sky on the Salvatore estate, he knew he couldn't hide any longer. The air was thick with tension as he approached you, as you stood by the old oak tree."Y/N," Damon called softly, his voice barely more than a whisper, yet carrying the weight of his emotions. You turned to face him, their eyes meeting his piercing blue ones. He took a deep breath, the words he'd rehearsed a thousand times tumbling out in a rush.

"I've tried to stay away, to protect you from all the chaos that surrounds me, but I can't do it anymore," Damon confessed, his voice cracking with vulnerability. "Every moment without you feels like an eternity. I thought I could handle it, but the truth is, I can't. "He stepped closer, his gaze never leaving yours. "You've seen the worst of me, and yet, you're still here. I don't deserve you, but I can't help the way I feel. You make me want to be a better man, Y/N. For the first time in a long time, I feel hope." Taking your hands in his, Damon continued, "I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone. And it scares the hell out of me. But I can't keep running from it. From you. You are my light in the darkness, and I don't want to fight it anymore."His eyes were intense, filled with sincerity and longing. "Please, tell me I haven't lost you. Tell me there's still a chance for us."

Stefan: You find out from someone else but he fell harder. Elena was happy with Damon and you, trying to be the peacekeeper, spent long sessions distracting Stefan from the thought of them. He was quite petty and rightfully bitter about the whole situation, considering all he ever did was love her and she ended up falling for his brother, you felt your interception was needed to keep him from being trapped in that hurt. The two of you would go on long drives and spend so much time together, you now knew each other so well as if you were one of the same, despite being friends all these years.

One night you'd forgotten your keys at the Salvatore's and so went back only to overhear a very awkward conversation. Caroline had somehow discovered that Stefan had developed feelings for you and asked him, unfortunately for Stefan, Damon found out from Caroline first, and Damon being Damon, read through his most recent diary only to find out the rumours were true. You weren't sure whether to walk in on Damon reciting the diary entry or not but you ended up being caught when you slipped on the keys you had left, lying on the floor. The gang came rushing to the hallway to find you've fallen, while you lock eyes from a very shaken Stefan. You went about pretending you didn't hear much properly and went home. In the middle of the night you get a phone call and find Stefan at your doorstep. He hangs around with you for a while before eventually confessing his feelings in person, apparently you had shown him what it was like to be loved, to which you were quite honoured. He followed this up by offering to take you out to dinner the next night, "you've been showing me a good time for so long, now it's my turn to take the wheel and pull out my gentleman's cap again" he joked. You both ended up falling asleep on each other until the next morning where you found a note in his place with the address of your first date.

Klaus: Him. Klaus paced around his art studio, his mind racing with thoughts of you. He knew he couldn't keep his feelings bottled up any longer. He found you in the courtyard, bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight. The scent of night-blooming jasmine filled the air as he approached."Y/N," Klaus called softly, catching your attention. His usual confident demeanor was tinged with an unusual nervousness which made you wonder if something was wrong.

"I've been alive for over a thousand years, seen and done things I’m not proud of. But through all that time, I've never felt what I feel for you." He stepped closer, his eyes earnest and vulnerable. "I've tried to deny it, to push you away, because loving someone has always meant losing them for me. But with you, it's different. You make me want to be different."
Taking a deep breath, Klaus continued, "I can't imagine my life without you in it. You’ve made me see things differently, made me believe I can be better. I love you, Y/N. More than I thought I could ever love anyone." He took your hands in his, his voice soft but firm. "I know I'm not the easiest person to love. But if you're willing to take a chance on me, I promise I'll protect you, cherish you, and never let you face anything alone." His eyes searched yours for any sign of what they were feeling. "So, what do you say? Can you love a monster like me?"