Jacket

Winnie was halfway through unpacking his clothes in his single-room university dorm when he pulled out a jacket that was very obviously not his own.

For one, it was a much bulkier jacket than anything he'd ever owned, clearly meant for someone with a larger frame compared to himself. For another, it was a deep orange color, clashing horrifically with about ninety percent of his belongings. He recognized it right away, of course. It was Augustine's jacket. Ah, he must have accidentally put it in his suitcase when Augustine had come over to help him pack for Uni.

He held it up, comparing it to his own frame. It could easily slip over his long sleeve shirt and puffy sweater he currently donned. As he held it, curiosity ate at the corner of his mind. He'd seen Augustine practically live in this thing last winter, only catching him not wearing it once or twice, swapping it out in favor of a lighter hoodie (also in his signature color, of course). Was it really that comfortable? It must be, if he wore it so often, right?

Biting back a mischievous smile, he slipped it on and oh , he completely understood why this was basically his best friend's second skin last winter. No wonder he'd been so comfortable inside that dreamscape or whatever, this thing was just the right levels of soft and puffy and heavy that fought back against the bitter chill of the room's air conditioner. He leaned back in the bed, temporarily distracted from his unpacking duties.

There was something just... so comforting about this jacket. It made him feel more confident, somehow. Like university was no longer some daunting task he had to complete, like it was something he could really accomplish. His eyes closed as he breathed in, the faint lingering smell of vanilla on the jacket reminding him of a familiar face.

...Maybe he'd wait a little bit before sending this back to Augustine.