𝐎𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

The songs echoed in my ears and their words replayed in my head. My hips moved to the beat. The spotlights illuminated the whole club. I could see the colors of them changing even with my eyes closed.

My plan to avoid him was working quite well. About fifteen minutes have passed since I laid eyes on him here for the first time.

Everything was going great, Anastasia and I danced, sang songs and I almost forgot about his presence in the same room until I went to the bar to order another round of drinks.

I looked towards the table where Arthur was sitting with his friends. He was laughing and enjoying this evening. I looked away from him. 𝑶𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂, 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖? I covered my face with my hands resting on the bar. What was I even doing? I wanted to avoid him but instead I couldn't help myself and kept looking at him.

"Look over there, I know that guy from somewhere.."

Anastasia no longer danced but stood by me. I didn't even notice when she came. I pulled my face away from my hands and looked at her in confusion. I looked in the direction she was pointing at with her finger.

"God, what's his name? I can not remember. It's something like Cha-.."

"Charles Leclerc."

I completed her sentence but did not take my eyes off them. Arthur was no longer sitting in his seat but he was hugging his older brother to welcome him. When they pulled away from each other, everyone sat down again with smiles on their faces.

"Oh yes Charles, that Ferrari driver. I knew that I've seen him already somewhere. But you have to admit that he is hot. Although he is not quite my type, if he was I would probably go crazy and I would immediately take him home with me."

I looked at her and grinned. Anastasia is crazy, I've known that about her for some time and I also know that she would be capable of it.

"Don't be crazy."

I told her and took a drink in my hand. She turned her head to me and looked at me a little offended.

"I'm not crazy, I'm just stating the situation."

She looked proud of her answer.

"Forget about it."

I said to her. I finished my drink and turned on my heel. She did the same and followed me. I tried to do what I did all evening - avoid Arthur, but now I will have to try to avoid both Leclercs. Even though I didn't know Charles personally, I didn't want anything to do with either of them.

I tried to forget his presence again so I started dancing. But I couldn't forget about him. I couldn't get him out of my head. I looked in his direction again, which I shouldn't have done. He was looking in my direction. But I didn't leave I just turned around and continued dancing. I didn't even know why. I just hoped he didn't see me, that he was looking at someone else. Although something deep inside me wanted him to notice me.

A few seconds later, I felt someone's arms around my waist. Cold palms were touching my warm skin. The feeling gave me goosebumps all over my body.

I closed my eyes and focused only on his scent. He smelled so nice. My lungs were filled with his scent. I turned to face him. The first thing I noticed were his 𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠. I stared at them. A few seconds felt like I was looking at them for years. After such a long time, I felt free again, at least for a little while. No doubts, just a clear mind and a sense of hope that I haven't felt in a long time. A person whom I didn't even really know filled me with hope, love and safety with a single eye contact.

All the sounds around us fell silent and I could only hear the beating of my heart. I felt safe in his arms. He was looking at me with a sweet smile. I could no longer control my body. It was like I was melting with every movement. Maybe it was just the alcohol in my blood causing it all. Well, something about him drew me to him. He was like a magnet. I didn't know what I was doing anymore.

"Vic..."

"Arthur..."

I loved the way he said my name. No one called me that for a long time. Only one person in my life called me..'Vic'..

At that moment I realized what I was doing. I came to my senses and pulled away from him.

"Sorry I.. I can't."

I backed away from him and turned away. I headed towards the bathroom.

Where was Anastasia when I needed her?

I opened the bathroom door. The door slammed behind me and I walked over to the sink. I leaned my hands on it and tried to breathe deeply. I looked in front of me and saw my reflection in the mirror.

"Can you really forget so quickly what you promised?"

I asked myself disappointed.

_/🏎/______________________________

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗿, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻' 𝘁. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗿'𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲. 𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱? 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿? 𝗧𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲?

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐧♡︎